Master and Student

(Reminder: If you haven't read Infinite x Crystal by MemeJackal or Aeris x Meggy by AerisEreway, moments in the chapters after the last one won't make too much sense. Keep up with those in order to follow along)

Phoenix: *having a nightmare as he's witnessing horrifying scenarios*

The image of Luna being shot by Infinite, and Aeris's Meggy falling to her death haunt him, but another scenario frightens him more than anything

Desti: NO! PLEASE DON'T!

Phoenix: Ngh...

Phoenix (In dream): Goodbye...

Phoenix: *panting heavily*

Phoenix: HRAAAAGH!!

Desti: PHOENIX!!!

Then...

???: *in a long, slender form, pounces forward and strikes as if it bites down on the prey in front of him*

Phoenix: *gasps and wakes up in a cold sweat*

He looks around frantically, as he is in his own apartment, the atmosphere feeling rather very warm as it's a pretty hot day today despite it being Fall already.

Phoenix: What the hell... *Face palms, but then feels it* ... Huh? *Looks at his free hand and sees it* ... Oh...

In his hand, is the Shaggy Stone...

Phoenix: *remembers the day before when he heard the news of Luna's unfortunate and tragic passing, and him deciding to find and take the Shaggy Stone by force*

(Originally, I had him absorb the stone by giving a piece of his soul in exchange. However, in this remake, better to just have the stone as is in physical form. As to how he acquired it, he exchanged a piece of his soul, disguising it as a soul of someone he cares about, and takes the Shaggy Stone, leaving before the truth was found out of the fake exchange)

Phoenix: *thoughts* To think this Infinite is having all this happen to him, and yet he still stands tall no matter what... It may not be much, but I'll be sure to keep this in hand and close to me at all times... *Puts it away in a very safe place, then tries to go back to sleep* ... What were those visions though...? Aeris's Meggy... And Desti... Not to mention... That thing that looked like a snake... *Falls asleep after a while*

*The next day*

Phoenix: *training hard, trying to be even stronger than he is now* There's more to what I can do now, especially now that I have access to this Crimson Firebird transformation, and perhaps there could be more... No, there has to be more. I can feel it.

As one of his punch lashes forward in the air, a strong shockwave is produced from the result

Phoenix: Woah... *Pulls his hand in, looking at the aura flowing through it* I never had it this dense before. *Looks up to the sky* Let's try... *Flies up all the way to the outer atmosphere, then transforms into Crimson Firebird* Ngh... *Thoughts* This form is tense, to say the least... Master told me that this is supposed to be a controlled and honed form of power, explosive upon contact through any attack, yet contained. I still feel rageful... Not at all controlled. The power is seeping around me but flowing out aggressively, almost as if my power is draining. Controlled, contained, calm... Perhaps if I continue to meditate and try to sustain it while keeping my energy within me at the same time, I may be able to reach this form's true potential. *Flies back down to the ground, and begins to meditate while in the form, trying to sustain it*

As he tries to meditate, he tries keeping his energy flowing out of him close to him, and within his body. Doing this, he feels the power building up even more inside of him, as if something new and potent wants to flow through his body.