Phoenix's First Day

The next morning comes around the corner, and it is a peaceful day in the kingdom and Inkopolis.

Phoenix: Zzz... *Wakes up* Mmm... Morning already...? Man, I wanted to sleep more... *Grabs his clothes and gets dressed* Hmm... *Thoughts* I don't have any cash... And I don't have food yet for my fridge... Hmm... *Searches for some kind of valuable item in his old clothes in the pockets and manages to find a small diamond he's saved up from a journey on another planet* Jackpot. I hope this is enough for what I'll get. *Puts it in his pants pocket*

After that, Phoenix goes on to do the average morning routine that people have, brush teeth, clean up, and eat breakfast... Well, skip breakfast since he doesn't have anything to eat

Phoenix: Darn... Well, I should find a pawn shop... *Goes out and walks around*

He passes by some of the more luxurious buildings in Inkopolis and ends up arriving at a pawn shop

Phoenix: Here we go. *Enters it*

Octoling: *facing away from Phoenix* Welcome! I assume you're here to pawn some goodies right?

Phoenix: Uh... I assume so... *Thoughts* Crap! I forgot, they don't appreciate humans here... Hmm... *Manages to manifest his energy into a red wig like shape and positionsnit on his head in time before the store owner turns around* Phew...

Octoling: Now then. What is it that you're willing to pawn for cash?

Phoenix: *sweating a little* Uh... How much would this be worth? *Holds the diamond out*

Octoling: *eyes pop out in true shock as he stares at the shiny diamond* WHAT?! WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!

Phoenix: Uh... It's not important. Sorry if I seem rude, but I am in need of cash.

Octoling: This diamond is something really rare! It could be worth a good whopper of cash! M-May I take it to examine it?

Phoenix: ... Sure. *Hands it over*

Octoling: Thank you! Now you just wait until I get your estimated cash to you! *Walks to the back door*

Phoenix: ... You should really try to keep your inner thoughts more clouded... Because I know you'll just walk off and try to use it for your own benefit.

Octoling: *Thinks as his eyes go wide with fear and surprise* W-What?! How does he know that?!

Phoenix: ... Well? *Gives him a cold yet intimate stare*

Octoling: U-Um... I promise to have it for you... *Turns to the door and exits*

Phoenix: ... *Sighs* They don't listen do they...? *Gets up*

Octoling: *runs out to the back and tries to break for it*

Phoenix: *gets in front of him*

Octoling: AHHH!

Phoenix: Do you really just like to cheat people out of their wealth?

Octoling: Please don't hurt me!

Phoenix: I'm not going to... But you are going to get into deep consequence doing this... if you don't mind, I want to have this thing pawned for real

Octoling: O-Ok...

Later, Phoenix ends up earning up to $100,000

Octoling: *Thoughts* Screw that red tentacled kid!

Phoenix: Phew... Seriously, why can't people just work hard for their wealth instead of just cheating people out of their wealth?

Desti: Hey!