Reliving Memories

August 14, 2019...

Time has passed since Phoenix and Desti formed their friendship. Mario and Meggy have developed their relationship more during the time, and everyone else has their memey adventures. Phoenix had tagged along for most of them, along with Desti. Now, today came a special day, a day where Phoenix had not expected would be normal ever since.

Phoenix: *wakes up and yawns* Hmm... To think that this day would come out as normal... *Looks at the photo of him with his friends and family* I really miss all of you dearly... Heh... It really has been 6 years since then, hasn't it...?

The picture that Phoenix was holding was of him during his 13th birthday. He was in the middle with everyone around him, but there was also that strange, smeared out spot where someone else should be next to him

Phoenix: Darn it... I can't remember who else was there... Has my memory really depleted that much?

He begins to think back to the time he had his 13th birthday. Decorations were up, lights were shining, and everyone Phoenix knew and cared about was there. However, he always feels that there was one other individual who is the most important there besides his family. The one who he looked forward to celebrate his birthday with.

Phoenix: Hmm... If only I could go back to relive that moment... That reminds me, I need to go see the old doc. *Stands up, gets ready by brushing his hair, his teeth, cleaning his body, and getting dressed* Phew... Now then, onto the lab. *Flies off to E. Gadd's lab*

Meanwhile

Desti: *wakes up* Man... I've got to stop dreaming about that... Hm? *Sees the calendar* August 14... Huh, time does fly... It's been two months since he and I started sharing this friendship... *Thought* Now that I mention it, I wonder how he's doing... Perhaps I'll see to what he's doing. *Gets dressed and leaves her apartment to go see what Phoenix is up to* Hello? You in there, fire boy? *Knocks on the door*

No one answered the door

Desti: Hmm... Must still be asleep... Ugh. *Tries to open the door and it's surprisingly unlocked* Ok... Does he even know to lock his front door?! Seriously, does he even know what burglars are?! *Goes in* And yet, I'm entering in his own home without permission... Oh well...

She spends time looking around, and to no avail does she find him

Desti: Guess he's not here... *Looks at his room* His room does look neat though... *Walks around until the calendar spots her eye* Hmm? Why does he have today highlighted? *Looks at it and sees a birthday cake on it* Hey... I didn't know it was his birthday! *Thought* Hmm... From what I know, the others don't know his birthday either... Perhaps this is my chance to really thank him... Throw a good, jazzy party to surprise him! Although... What would he like-

As she walked away from the calendar, she accidentally trips onto an item and falls to the ground

Desti: Argh! Damnit! What the heck did I trip on?! *Looks down to what she tripped on*

To her surprise, aside from the cup on the floor, she saw a hidden cabinet under the bed.

Desti: Hello...

Out of nowhere, something falls out of the cabinet due to the impact from her foot hitting the wall

Desti: Huh? *Picks it up and looks at it*

It was a photo of him during his 13th birthday, but what really shocks her is the people around him...

Desti: ... This has to be a complete joke... He's been with them since he was younger... And who's that next to him?! A yellow Inkling...? Wait... This looks like a photo from a birthday party... *Looks around the image and sees all the things that were there during his birthday then* So... This is all that was there... But seriously?! How can this guy say he's known them due to YouTube and information from other sources when he's been with them since he was a kid?!