nineteen

Trigger warning ⚠️
__________________________

A/N- thank you guys for the support and for continuing to read this story!
it's fun to see what y'all think when I write, enjoy this :)

__________________________

Anna's POV:

I got in my car and started bawling my eyes out as I left her driveway.
How could all of this happen in such a short time? Two hours ago we stood in the kitchen with her making pancakes for me and being all cute and stuff.

I regret what I said so bad, I don't want this, being strangers. Does she want it? She said she doesn't care about the soulmate thing but I know she feels something for me. Or does she?
Maybe she was lying? I was only an experiment for her? Just another girl to play?

Last time I was home was the night of Ag's accident, and my dad had hit me again so I didn't really wanna go there.
I drove to Emmi's ones again and knocked on her door, not caring if anyone saw the mascara running down my cheeks.

Emmi's brother opened the door and was speechless as he saw me crying. "Uhm, Emmi! Can you come here a sec?" He shouted out so she could hear her from her room upstairs. I just gave him a little smile as he opened the door some more for me to walk in.

She came running down from the stairs as she saw me, "Anna! I haven't heard from you since Thursday night! What happened?" She asked as she pulled me in a big hug and I started crying once again. "I lost her" was the only thing I could get out of my shaky voice. My voice was breaking and my head spinning in Emmi's arms of the thought of losing her.

"Oh.. Anna I'm sorry" she said putting my head in the crook of her neck. I continued to cry as we walked to Emmi's room. I told her everything that had happened and she pulled me into a long warm hug. When she pulled away she said something that surprised me.

"Anna?" Emmi said in a soft tone. "Yeah?" I responded. "Anna, you're in love" Emmi said giving me a small sad smile. "No, I'm not. You've got it wrong" I tried defending myself, I continued "I actually hate her".
She looked at me and tilted her head "that's the point isn't it?" she stated.

She continued as she saw my confused face, "well Anna, you and Ag are soulmates right?" I nodded yes.
"But keep in mind that she's your enemy too, even if it's a system failure it's still kinda true. You are saying that you hate her because you can't admit that you're in love with her" she told me holding my hands.

"No I'm saying I hate her because she's a douche bag and really mean" I responded back frustrated.
"Sure, maybe you won't admit it right now but I promise I'm right" I just looked out the window and started thinking but my thoughts were suddenly cut off by Emmi again.

"Anna, keep in mind Ag is her own enemy as well, you can't take for granted everything will work out perfectly. She has her own demons and from what I've heard she has been through a lot. But so have you so don't let that stop you. I think you should fight for her because I see how she looks at you. But neither one of you want to admit it but I can see you two love each other. And I've also never had someone around me to go through the things you have so I know you are strong. Maybe you don't think so but you deserve happiness, love, affection. If she can give that to you, then you deserve her. So don't think you do not deserve her because we both know you are lying. And maybe a part of you hates her to but every pair of soulmates have their up and downs."

My eyes teared up as I listened to Emmi's wise words. Maybe I do love her? No that can't be, love doesn't come this quickly. Sometimes I wish I had a different soulmate, someone easier, maybe even a guy who didn't have himself as an enemy and I didn't have him.

Then I wouldn't be confused about my sexuality, I wouldn't have to get hurt, he wouldn't have to get hurt and we would be able to be together in public.

Ag's POV:

"Then fight for her" Mia continued.
I almost immediately said "how do you fight for someone who doesn't want to be fought for?". Mia looked down on her hands and my eyes started tearing up. "You love her.. right?" Mia suddenly asked. "What? No I don't".

"Ag I can see it in your eyes, you love her" Mia tried to convince me. "No it's too early for love and besides we no longer have a relationship even as friends" I answered back.

"You just don't want to admit it but when you have her in your arms the next time, when you get to stare in her eyes and realize you love her, think of this. Your denial, Ag I love you but sometimes you make stupid actions".

"I know thank you Mia, I love you too but I think I really lost her this time. I told her the truth and she couldn't handle it". I continued "if she can't handle the thought of me not caring then she really can't handle me".

My eyes started to tear up again as I laid down in her arms, holding me tightly as I tried to get the hurt out of my head....

__________________________

A/N - This is a sad chapter I guess, I promise the story will get better I just don't want it to be like anybody else's so I'm trying my own thing.

Thank you :)

Don't forget to vote and comment! 👋🏻

Wordcount - 1000

__________________________