hāre ampā

The King in the North

     Lord Eddard Stark was dead

     That made Rhaella think about her dream last night, she stood in the crowd, but she was a dragon, and she watched as the crowd cheered about something, and the only thing she could see infront of her, besides the people in the crowd, who were faded, was a head falling on the ground. It didn't feel like a real dream, so the girl gave no thought to the dream, she thought it was related to the war they were in and her fear of losing one of her friends in a battle, but now she knew she was wrong.

     Rhaella was the one who had taken the letter from the raven, the first one to read it's contents, and the one who gave the letter and the news to Robb and his mother. And now she watched as he hit a tree with his sword, she didn't dare approach, she had no idea on what to say to him. The girl looked down and saw the necklace Jon had given her, she wore her ring on her finger now, but she never took the necklace off. She thought of her dear friend, she felt bad for him, finding out about his father and being alone with no family, she hoped he had made a friend, someone to comfort him, as she knew he would need it right now.

     She also couldn't imagine how Sansa and Arya felt, the two were in the lion's den, she probably had to watch their father be beheaded and couldn't do anything about it, and they still had to live with those people, she hoped the girls would be alright. And poor Bran and Rickon, they were so young and they didn't deserve to grow up without a father, and worst, hearing that their father was a traitor, which she knew was a lie. Robb has to win this war now, the girl thought, it was his family's only chance.

     "How dare he?" Theon asked her when he approached. "That little shit who thinks he is king killed him," the boy said. Even though Theon would never admit it, Rhaella knew how much Lord Stark's death affected him, it was the only father figure Theon had, the only one who didn't treat him like scum.

     "We will kill them all," the girl said and turned to look at Theon, "I promise you Theon, they will burn for this," Theon could see she had the dragon in her eyes.

     Thinking about how Ned Stark's death affected everyone around her made Rhaella forget about how she felt about it. Like Theon, Lord Stark was the only father figure Rhaella ever had, he knew who she was and never treated her differently, he helped her, and raised her as one of his own, it was like she lost a father. But what she was really feeling was rage, Lord Eddard Stark was an honored man, he would never lie, or worst, commit treason, so the Queen and Joffrey killed him for treason, tainting his honor and image, that angered the Targaryen girl.

     The girl was distracted by her thoughts when Robb approached, and he hugged Theon, the two didn't say anything they just hugged like the brothers they were. When the two boys pulled away Robb turned to Rhaella and hugged her, the two friends didn't say anything either, they both found comfort in each other, when they pulled away Rhaella said, "I will stay now, I will stay until this war is over," and Theon nodded his head, agreeing with the girl.

     "No," Robb said, making Rhaella and Theon look at him surprised. "They know who you are and they know you are here, they feel threatened by you, not only the Lannisters but Renly and Stannis too, you are the rightful heir, at least the only one on this side of the sea.. They will send assassins and won't stop until you are dead, and staying here, in the middle of a war will just make it easy for them. You leave tomorrow at dawn," the Stark boy said.

     "He is right, even if we can protect you, we can't be with you at all times. You are safer with your sister," Theon agreed with Robb, making Rhaella nod and agree with both of them.

...

     All of the heads of all of Robb's bannermen were having supper together, and now they were arguing on what king to support in this war, some screamed of Renly, others on Stannis, and others hated both. Rhaella couldn't hear anything because of the amount of people screaming, until one screamed louder than any other.

     "My Lords. My Lords! Here is what l say to these two kings," and Lord Umber spit on the floor. "Renly Baratheon is nothing to me, nor Stannis neither. Why should they rule over me and mine from some flowery seat in the South? What do they know of the Wall or the Wolfswood? Even their gods are wrong!" The man screamed again. "Why shouldn't we rule ourselves again? lt was the dragons we bowed to and now the dragons are dead! There sits the only king l mean to bend my knee to," and he pointed at Robb with his sword, "the King in the North!" and he knelt in front of Robb.

     Robb raised from his seat.

     Another man got up and said "I'll have peace on those terms. They can keep their Red Castle and their iron chair too," he knelt and extended his sword to Robb, "The King in the North!" The man said again.

     Theon got up and turned to Robb, "am I your brother, now and always?" Theon asked.

     "Now and always," Robb answered Greyjoy.

     Theon Greyjoy took his sword out and extended it to Robb, kneeling. "My sword is yours in victory and defeat, from this day until my last day."

     Rhaella got up when Theon was done talking, making Theon and the two Lords kneeling by him look at her, and Robb gave her a look, he was afraid of what she would say. But the girl raised her cup towards Robb and said "the King in the North."

     The Targaryen girl's support made Lord Umber scream again "The King in the North!"

     And now every Lord and soldier in the camp took their swords out, extending it into Robb's direction, and kneeling, always chanting, "The King in the North! The King in the North! The King in the North! The King in the North!"

     Rhaella's heart was proud and happy, she knew her friend would be a great king and would lead his people to greatness. And just looking at Robb's face made the girl's heart burst with happiness, she could tell how proud he was that his people chose him to be king.

...

     "I will miss you," Theon said, sitting down by Rhaella.

     The girl smiled at him and said "and I will certainly miss you Theon Greyjoy." And she looked at the people cheering up Robb and drinking toasts for their new king. "Do you think they would bow for me if I had dragons?" She asked Theon curiously.

     "I think they would bow for you now, even without dragons," and the two friends laughed, "there was even talk about you and Robb getting married, before he got betrothed to the Frey girl," Theon said.

     "What?" The girl asked him with wide eyes, "I love Robb, and he is very handsome, but he is my brother and I would never marry him," she said and the friends laughed once again.

     "I know, but Lord Umber likes you, and he liked the thought of a Targaryen by our side. And a Targaryen Queen in the North, that will tempt him," Theon told the girl.

     "I could never be the Queen in the North, or any Targaryen for that matter. I think it's only fair that a northerner is Queen here," Rhaella said and Theon nodded his head in agreement.

     After the celebrations and food Rhaella found herself in her tent looking at her eggs. She held the green one in her hand and thought what she would do if she had dragons. I would win this war for Robb, get the girls back. I would burn all the Lannisters and Baratheons, I would go after my sister, and I would take what is ours, Rhaella thought.

     She kept staring at her eggs, oh if I could hatch them, she thought again. But maybe she could.

Author's note:

Season one is almost over, and I'm very excited about season two. I really hope you guys are enjoying. And I need help with ideas for dragon names, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know, and thank you!