tōma

The audience hall

     Rhaella Targaryen spent most of her time at the terrace garden that was connected to her's and her sister's bedchambers

     Rhaella Targaryen spent most of her time at the terrace garden that was connected to her's and her sister's bedchambers. The garden was gigantic, there were many trees and water polls, and a view of the entire city, the garden was so big the six of their dragons would often stay in the garden, they were Rhaella's usual companions nowadays.

     But today the Targaryen princess had walked down the steps from the apex of the pyramid, to join her sister in the audience hall. Rhaella wore a pink silk dress, the dress was fit to her and it was tied to her neck by a gold necklace. When the girl arrived at the hall she saw some workers taking down the throne that sat upon the top of the marble steps.

     "I thought you would like to see that," Dany told her sister.

     "I do, that throne was hideous," Rhaella said, smiling at her sister. "But it will be good for firewood," Rhaella said. The girl observed the same workers bringing in a simple ebony bench and placing it on top of the steps, "I like that better."

     "You should sit down here with me more, I will get you a place to sit by my side," Dany said, walking up the steps and sitting on her bench.

     "You know I hate politics, and having my own seat means getting into politics. I'm very happy sitting under the pear tree at the terrace garden," she said, smiling and walking up to her sister.

     "You will have to get involved some day," Daenerys told her younger sister.

     "Some day, not today," Rhaella said, winking at her sister. As the youngest Targaryen started walking down the steps Missandei announced they had a supplicant.

     "It seems like today is the day," Dany said, smirking. Rhaella rolled her eyes and walked back up the steps and stood by her sister's side, with Ser Barristan on her left.

     Rhaella paid no attention to this man, she guessed one of the dragons had eaten his goats, by the burned bones he laid at the bottom of the marble steps. While the man talked Rhaella observed the hall. It was beautiful, colorful bricks, tall purple candles, and big marble pillars. There were Unsullied and Dothraki lined with their backs to the pillars, Rhaella felt bad for them, standing there all day. Her attention was brought back to the man who she guessed Dany had helped, because by the time he left he looked like the happiest man in the world. And as soon as she left two other men walked in the hall.

     The two men who walked in and to those Rhaella paid attention, because they were dressed like the old masters used to, and even from the top of the stairs Rhaella noticed the men smelled too much of perfume.

     "The noble Hizdahr zo Loraq begs an audience with the Queen," the man on the side spoke for his master, Rhaella guessed. The young Targaryen could tell her sister was annoyed by the man named Hizdahr zo Loraq, she barely looked at him and she could tell her sister was rolling her eyes, which made Rhaella smirk.

     "The noble Hizdahr zo Loraq can speak to me himself," Dany answered, with a fake smile.

     The man approached, climbing the first couple steps of the stairs, and he said, "Queen Daenerys. Tales of your and your sister's beauty were not exaggerated."

     "I thank you," Dany said once again with a face smile on her face.

     "Mine is one of the oldest and proudest families in Meereen," he spoke.

     "Then it is my honour to receive you," Dany spoke once again with the kindest courtesy. Rhaella rolled her eyes, she was already annoyed by the fake courtesies and the long titles and family pride, she hoped the man would make his point soon.

     "My father, one of Meereen's most respected and beloved citizens, oversaw the restoration and maintenance of its greatest landmarks. This pyramid included," Hizdahr zo Loraq said.

     "For that, he has my gratitude. I should be honoured to meet him," her sister said, again with fake courtesies and smiles.

     "You have, Your Grace. You crucified him," the man said, making Rhaella turn to him. "I pray you'll never live to see a member of your family treated so cruelly," he said with pain in his voice.

     "Your father crucified innocent children," Dany answered, and Rhaella could hear the fire in her voice.

     "My father spoke out against crucifying those children. He decried it as a criminal act, but was overruled. Is it justice to answer one crime with another?" He asked the Queen.

     "I am sorry you no longer have a father, but my treatment of the masters was no crime. You'd be wise to remember that," Dany said with a threatening voice.

     "What's done is done. You are the queen and I am a servant of Meereen. A servant who does not wish to see its traditions eradicated," the man said, voice firmer now and throwing his hands up.

     "And what traditions do you speak of?" Rhaella spoke for the first time, suddenly curious about what the man wanted.

     "Of funeral rite. Proper burial in the Temple of the Graces. My father and 162 noble Meereenese are still nailed to those posts, carrion for vultures, rotting in the sun," the man spoke in a revolting tone, but he looked down, taking his eyes off the queen in fear, and getting down in one knee.. "Your Grace, I ask that you order these men taken down so that they might receive proper burials," the man finished.

     "And what of the slave children these noble Meereenese crucified? They were rotting in the sun as well. Would you have begged me for their right to a proper burial?" Dany asked the man.

     "Your Grace, I cannot defend the actions of the masters. I can only speak to you as a son who loved his father. Let me take his body down. Let me have him brought to the temple and buried with dignity so that he might find peace in the next world," he begged Daenerys.

     "Bury your father, Hizdahr zo Loraq," Daenerys spoke, with kindness this time.

     "Thank you, my queen," Hizdahr zo Loraq said, and rushed out of the audience hall.

     "How many more?" Dany asked Missandei.

     "There are 212 supplicants waiting, Your Grace," the dark skinned girl answered.

     "212?" Rhaella asked.

     Dany looked at her and at Ser Jorah and said, "send the next one in."

     The Targaryen princess started walking down the steps, and without looking back at her sister she said, "good luck sister. If you need me you know where to find me."

     Rhaella Targaryen walked up the steps back to the apex of the pyramid, she could hear steps behind her and she knew to whom they belonged. She opened the door to her chambers, she walked in and stopped by the door.

     She looked back and Akharo smirking and said, "are you joining me?"