vōre

Purple eyed wildling

     When Rhaella woke up the next morning she knew it was true, Viserys was dead, her dream last night was the realest dream she had ever had

     When Rhaella woke up the next morning she knew it was true, Viserys was dead, her dream last night was the realest dream she had ever had. And the girl didn't know how to feel, yes, Viserys was cruel and weak, that she knew, but he was still her brother, him and Dany were the only blood family she had, and it pained her that he had died, specially in the way he did, but as she spent the whole morning thinking she realised that was pained her more was that he caused his own death, he cared so much about a crown and the Iron Throne he stepped on anyone he thought might stand on his way, including his own family, and that was the very reason he died.

     The girl mourned her brother the next day, when it was time for breakfast she just stayed in bed thinking about the events that had been taking place the weeks before her dream, she knew a war was coming, she thought she was prepared for it, but now after her dream she wasn't so sure. If she was so deeply affected by her brother's death she couldn't imagine what she would do when the war came, when Robb and Theon went to fight, and the possibility of them not returning deeply disturbed her.

     So the girl sat on her bed for almost a day, Robb, Theon and some servants came to check on her but the girl just said she didn't feel well. They brought food but she refused to eat, it was like just the thought of eating made her sick, the truth was the girl was making herself sick, reliving her dream and thinking about how she was not crying for her brother made her sick, those thoughts were making her sick. What kind of person am I? The girl thought, What kind of person doesn't cry for a brother? Those were the thoughts making her sick.

     It was night already and she hadn't talked to anyone, she hadn't told anyone about her dream, not because she was afraid they wouldn't believe her, she knew that Robb would believe her, but because she was afraid that if she said it out loud it would make it real. Rhaella Targaryen was the type of person that did not like changes, and had trouble letting things go, so even though she knew what kind of person her brother was, she still had trouble admitting he was dead, and she knew she would have more trouble letting him go.

     She wished her brother was happy, wherever he was, she hoped that his death had brought him peace. Maybe he was with their mother, the only person she thought her brother really loved. She imagined them together, holding hands, walking through a field of flowers, happy, and that's how she would remember her brother from now on.

     The girl was lost in her thoughts of her brother and mother in fields of flowers when someone knocked on her door, she said a simple 'come in' and the door opened, revealing Robb behind it, her friend smiled at her and walked to her bed, and the boy sat at the end of her bed. What Rhaella didn't know at the time but her other friend Theon stood behind the door listening to the conversation, he wanted to go in, but as he told Robb, he was not good at comforting people who were suffering in some way, and he knew his friend was.

     "What happened?" Robb asked her, there was no point in him asking her if she was alright, he knew her better than anyone and he knew she wasn't alright.

     "I had a dream last night" that was all the girl said, and Robb looked at her confused, nodding for her to continue. "It was one of my real dreams, the most real one I have ever had" that was when she looked in Robb's eyes, "Viserys is dead."

     "What? Are you sure?" the boy asked, surprised.

     "Yes, I could feel it, it was like I was in the room as it happened" she explained to him. "Do you not believe me?" She asked.

     "Of course I do" he told her and got closer to her. "The only time I doubted you Bran was pushed out of a window" and he held her hand. "How are you?" He asked.

     "I don't know," she answered truthfully. "I know what he was and I know how cruel he was, but he was my brother still, so young yet so broken. I feel like a piece of my heart is gone, and yet I haven't shed a single tear for him. What kind of person am I?" She finally told Robb the thoughts that had been consuming her all day.

     At this time Theon walked into the room, for Rhaella's surprise, and said "it makes you a good person" he said. "Sorry, I didn't mean to eavesdrop," the boy Greyjoy said.

     "It's alright," Rhaella said.

     "He is right" Robb said, "you have never met him, I know he was your brother, but as you said, you know what he was, and you still feel for him, that makes you the best person I know" Robb smiled at her, and she smiled at her two friends.

...

     It was the next day and Rhaella had finally gotten out of her room, she was walking around the castle when she heard someone speak to her. The girl turned around and said "I'm sorry?" and she saw Osha, one of the wildlings that had attacked Bran, she was looking at Rhaella.

     "I said you are no wildling. The people here said you are a wildling from Beyond the Wall, and that Ned Stark raised you, but I came from Beyond the Wall, and never saw anyone that looked like you, and those eyes, they are not wildling's eyes" the woman told Rhaella, making her freeze.

     "As you said, Lord Stark took me as a baby and raised me among his own children, I don't even remember anything from Beyond the Wall, I was too young" the girl lied with ease.

     "You are lying, but that has nothing to do with me, I just got curious, why would you lie about being a wildling from Beyond the Wall, unless who you are is worse than that" Osha told the girl with a smirk on her face.

     Rhaella's face hardened, she looked at Osha one last time and said "if you knew who I really was you would be running for your life" and the girl turned away and walked outside, leaving the woman with a bewildered expression.

     It seemed like since the king's visit more and more people seemed to find out about Rhaella each day, if they didn't know exactly who she was they knew her and the Starks were lying about something related to the purple eyed girl. That made the girl feel uneasy, but also proud, not even lies and hair dye could hide the dragon in her eyes.

Author's Note:

Sorry this is a short one, I have been killing myself with work so I barely have time anymore, but I promise I won't stop updating, I just may be a day late with the updates, because I want to write good chapters for you guys.