tōma

Mother of Mountains

     Rhaella Targaryen loved the feeling of the wind on her hair and the hot scales under her, she had no idea where Rhageon was taking her, and she did not care, she trusted her red and she knew he would put her in harm's way

     The silver girl looked up when she heard a loud roar coming from above her, and right above her she saw a large black winged shadow and she smiled to herself, Drogon also knew they had to go home now. The two dragons flew together, Drogon obviously leading, Rhaella had hope of looking down and finding out where they were going, but they flew above the clouds so the girl had no clue where the dragons were taking her.

     After a while the princess stopped trying to look down, Rhaegon would take care of her, all she cared now was how the cool wind hugged her face and body. The girl spent almost half of the fight with her eyes closed, imagining what her perfect world would be like, with dragons roaming the sky and Robb, Theon and Jon by her side, in a city as great as Old Valyria. The girl only opened her when she felt the dragons descending, and when they were finally below the clouds all the blonde saw was mountains and grass, and the girl could only guess this was the Dothraki Sea, nothing but grass going on for miles and miles.

     Drogon and Rhaegon finally landed behind a large mountain, seemingly waiting for something, or someone. On top of her red Rhaella saw a small figure appear on the horizon, and she recognized that figure right away, the princess would recognize that silver head of hair anywhere.

     Daenerys Targaryen rode her silver elegantly, like the queen she was, wearing colorful dothraki leathers, with silver bells braided on her hair, like the true Khaleesi she was. As Dany rode closer Rhaella could see her proud expression on her face, like she expected to see her sister waiting for her on the other side of the mountain. The queen dismounted her mare and sent her on her way before walking towards the large black dragon in front of her. As his mother got closer Drogon lowered his neck and arm so the Khaleesi could climb on his back, and as she did, she looked at her sister.

     "Took you long enough," the youngest Targaryen told her sister, who laughed at her.

     "I'm sorry. I should have never done that, I should have never made a decision without talking to you," Dany said sincerely. "I missed you Rhae," that was the first time Rhaella heard that nickname in a long time, and it was certainly the first time she didn't mind hearing it.

     "You shouldn't have made that decision at all, they were born to be free, not to be in chains," the girl had a serious tone in her voice. "I have missed you too Dany," she smiled at her sister.

     "Where have you been?" Daenerys asked her sister.

     "That is a long story. But we have to go," Rhaella said, and Dany nodded.

     The two dragons took flight, but unlike the last time Rhaella knew where they were going, when they were high up in her sky and the two dragons roared the girl could see an army of Dothraki, who she was sure her sister was leading before meeting her and the dragons. Daenerys and Drogon landed in between two mountains, but they were still higher than the road the Dothraki were traveling, Rhaella and Rhaegon landed on her sister's left, higher than the queen and her dragon, the two dragons roared in satisfaction, seeing how the Dothraki was reacting to them.

     "Every khal who ever lived chose three blood riders, to fight beside him and guard his way. But I am not a khal. I will not choose three blood riders. I choose you all," Dany screamed in Dothraki, earning herself cheers and screams of her now blood riders, and a proud smile of her sister. "I will ask more of you than any khal has ever asked of his khalassar! Will you ride the wooden horses across the black salt sea?" The Dothraki raised their weapons and cheered for their Khaleesi. "Will you kill our enemies in their iron suits and tear down their stone houses?" The cheering came again. "Will you give us the Seven Kingdoms, the gift Khal Drogo promised me, before the Mother of Mountains?" The Dothraki raised their weapons once again, making a promise. "Are you with us? Now and always?" As the Dothraki raised their weapons one last time cheering the two dragons, red and black, spreaked their large wings and sang, joining the cheer for the two Targaryen sisters. Rhaella smiled at her sister, she was glad to hear her sister saying 'us' instead of 'me', it meant a lot to her.

     Daenerys and Rhaella had decided to fly ahead of the army, knowing that if they rode with the army it would take them days to get to Meereen, and both Targaryens felt in their hearts the city needed them. The two dragons took flight once again, flying right beside one another, for Rhaella this felt very natural, the wind the heat, the two dragons side by side, her and her sister side by side, she knew this was how it was supposed to be, always, and yet she knew it wouldn't always be like this. The princess knew they were far away from Meereen and she could only guess they would arrive as the sun was setting.

     As they got closer the sun started to set and the silver princess couldn't help but admire how beautiful her sight was, if the sunset was beautiful from the pyramid from the sky it was unbelievable, it was as if Rhaella herself was part of it.

     A couple of minutes after the sunset the Targaryen sisters finally arrived in Meereen, and as they did the princess could see hundreds of boats with their weapons turned to Meereen, and by their banners she could tell those were the Masters from Yunkai and Astapor. The Targaryen dragons landed on top of the Great Pyramid of Meereen, lowering their wings so the Targaryens could get off their backs and in the balcony. When Dany and Rhaella finally descended from the dragons into the large balcony outside of the Queen's chambers the two sisters looked at the door that led to the room, an anxious feeling in both of the girls' hearts. Before opening the door Dany turned towards her sister and engulfed her in a tight hug, a hug they weren't able to share when they first met at the Dothraki sea, the hugged meant a lot for Rhaella, it meant that they forgive each other, that she forgave Dany.

     The sisters' hug was interrupted by the balcony door opening, and when the door fully opened the Targaryens were faced with an Unsullied with his shield up and his spear lowered pointed towards them. As soon as the Unsullied, Black Vermin with Rhaella remembered correctly, saw who was on the other side of the door he immediately lowered his shield and returned his spear to a standing position, and the Unsullied got to his knees as a sign of respect. When Black Vermin got to his knees so did the Unsullied behind him, who just saw their queen and princess. Rhealla and Daenerys looked at each other and then looked forward, and the two started walking, they took confident steps inside of the pyramid, where they were met with Missandei, Grey Worm, and to Rhaella's surprise Tyrion Lannister, looking at them in awe, not expecting to see the two silver haired sister emerge from the balcony.

Author's note:

Surprise, surprise!!! An extra update this week because I'm feeling inspired, I hope you guys like it! And Dany is back!!
Also, I thought I would let you guys know that I just posted a new story, it's a Cobra Kai story, make sure to check it would it you guys like Cobra Kai!