izula

Lady Toland of Ghost Hill

     The next couple of days were filled with excruciating riding, they rode all day and only stopped to sleep

     The next couple of days were filled with excruciating riding, they rode all day and only stopped to sleep. When they finally got to Ghost Hill the three of them were exhausted, but as Rhaella and Jory settled in their camp Ser Barristan looked for a boat to take them to Essos. By the time Ser Barristan came back Rhaella and Jory had prepared supper already, and that meant they heated some soup and cooked some meat.

     "Did you find something?" Jory asked.

     "Yes, a boat that leaves for Myr in two days. I got us two cabins," Ser Barristan told them, and they just nodded.

     After eating, and Rhaella feeding the dragons, the three companions decided to sleep, for both Jory and Ser Barristan it was hard to sleep, it was very hot in Dorne, a type of heat they were not used to, especially Jory. Rhaella on the other hand never felt more comfortable, she had always known she was made for the heat, but feeling it gave her certainty that she was really made for the heat.

     The sun was starting to rise when Rhaella woke up because of the sound of metal grinding on metal, and that made the girl jump. Opening her eyes the first thing Rhaella did was throw her covers on top of her dragons, and she looked up to where the noise came from, and she saw soldiers coming into their camp.

     Ser Barristan and Jory were already up and had their swords in their hands, pointing them at the soldiers. One of them soldiers raised his hands up in a sign of surrender and said, "we did not come here to hurt you. We bring a message, Lady Toland invited the Princess and her companions to come to Ghost Hill. She wishes to speak with the Princess."

     Rhaella looked at Ser Barristan and back at the soldier, "I will discuss it with my companions and I will inform you of my decision. You can wait for us at the edge of the forest," the Targaryen girl said, the soldiers nodded and walked away. "What do you think Ser Barristan?" The girl asks the old knight.

     "Dornish people hated the Targaryens for a time, but now they hate the Baratheons and Lannisters more than anything. And I have heard good things about Lady Nymella Toland," Ser Barristan told her.

     "Then we go," Rhaella said and picked up her dragons, Rhaegon on her shoulder, Rhaenya on the other shoulder, and Aegon on her left hand, and Ser Barristan looked at her, "we are in Dorne, no point in hiding them anymore." The three packed their things, grabbed their horses and walked towards the soldiers.

     When the soldiers saw Rhaella coming they were shocked, not because of the girl but because of the dragons on her shoulder.

     "Take us to your Lady," Rhaella told them in a firm voice.

     All of them got on their horses and rode to Ghost Hill. It was a short and quiet ride, the road leading to the castle was empty and the only sound was the sound of the horses galloping and the occasional small talk a soldier would make with Ser Barristan. When they arrived at Ghost Hill one of the soldiers took their horses to the stables, and the other one took Rhaella, Jory and Ser Barristan to talk to Lady Toland.

     Rhaella still had her dragons with her when she walked into the castle, making the few servants that were there turn their heads in awe. "Lady Nymella Toland," the soldier announced, opening the door to a study and revealing a Lady with red hair on the other side.

     The lady turned, with a smile on her face, "welcome, Princess," and the lady looked in awe at the dragons Rhaella carried, and she gasped.

     "Lady Toland," the Targaryen girl said and nodded. "May I ask why you invited us here?"

     "When I heard rumors about a Targaryen on this side of the sea I was intrigued. Imagine when I find out that a silver haired girl was seen near Ghost Hill," it was all the lady said.

     "I know what Dornish people think of Targaryens, but don't worry, we will leave soon," Rhaella reassured her. She was scared the Lady would turn her over to Joffrey.

     "Oh no Princess, you are wrong. The hate we had for the Targaryens is long gone, at least for me, but our hate for the Lannisters and Baratheons is much greater, you are the princess I recognize and respect. You are welcome to stay here in Ghost Hill until you go your way," Lady Toland said, and Aegon hissed, making the lady stare at him in shock.

     "He says thank you, and so do I," Rhaella told the Lady, who motioned for her to sit down.

     "May I ask how you got them?" Lady Nymella Toland couldn't contain her curiosity.

     "I got dragon eggs for my name day , and a couple of weeks ago when I started to head South a man set fire to the Inn I was staying at, he wanted to kill me. And that is when my dragons hatched and so did I," Rhaella explained. "Do you have any family Lady Toland?" The youngest Targaryen asked.

     "I have two daughters Valena and Teora, but they are currently in Sunspear," the Lady told her. "If you don't mind me asking Princess, where are you going? I thought of Dragonstone, but I remembered that Stannis Baratheon is Lord of Dragonstone now," Lady Toland asked.

     Knowing that Stannis Baratheon is Lord of Dragonstone had always enraged Rhaella, a Baratheon should never step a foot in Dragonstone let alone be Lord of it, and it was all because of the usurper. "I'm going to meet my sister, she was near Vaes Dothraki last time I spoke to her," Rhaella explained.

     "Vaes Dothraki? I thought it was just a rumor that she had married a Dothraki lord," Lady Toland asked surprised.

     "She married Khal Drogo, she is a Khaleesi now," Rhaella said with pride.

     Lady Nymella Toland got up and said, "let's go, we talked enough for now. I had the maids prepare rooms for you and your companions, and I had them prepare food for you."

     "Thank you Lady Toland," Rhaella got up and followed the Lady to the great hall of Ghost Hill. Inside of the hall Rhaella saw Ser Barristan and Jory talking to the soldiers, who now she knew were the guards of Ghost Hill. When the older Lady and the young Princess entered the hall all eyes went to them, the both guards and the maids laying the food out, all eyes on the silver haired girl and her dragons, who were still in the same place.

     The dragons were always very alert, so when Rhaella walked into the room Rhaegon had his head up, analyzing everyone in the room, and so did Rhaenya, while Aegon tried to get  as close as he could to Rhaella, but always paying attention to everyone, and Rhaegon would spread his wings sometimes, trying to intimidate the unknown people in the room. The three dragons were not big, they were very skinny and looked quite fragile. But when they spread their wings, which were three times their length, they looked majestic, they were pure magic and nothing anyone had ever seen.

     "I forgot to ask, what do they eat?" Lady Toland asked, sitting at the table.

     "Raw meat," Rhaella answered, sitting in front of the older Lady. As the youngest Targaryen sat down, Rhaenya and Rhaegon jumped on top of the table and sat in front of her, while Aegon moved to her shoulder. Everytime the dragons moved the people in the room stared at them in awe, and when one of the maids came to serve Rhaella her food and the meat for the dragons, she wouldn't come close, so Ser Barristan served the girl and the dragons.

     Rhaella grabbed a small piece of meat and raised her hand near Aegon's head, the girl turned her head to look at the dragon on her shoulder as best as she could, and she said, "Dracarys."