mēre ampā

Whispers in the South

     Robb and his army started heading south to King's Landing, they had marched for days and finally settled camp

     Robb and his army started heading south to King's Landing, they had marched for days and finally settled camp. Rhaella was with Robb, Theon and the other Lords inside of a tent discussing plans for their war, when Lady Catelyn Stark walked in. Rhaella didn't quite pay attention to what they said, but she could tell Lady Stark didn't look well, and was also in awe to see her silver hair out, the girl only realized what was happening when Theon grabbed her hand and helped her out of the tent.

     "I like your hair," Theon told the girl.
Rhealla blushed and smiled at her friend "thank you" and both of them walked away, side by side.

...

     Robb was to decide whether he would move against Tywin Lannister or Jaime Lannister when the guards interrupted the meeting.

     "Your pardon, my lords, we have captured a Lannister scout," the guard told them, and Theon rushed to hide their maps and plans, and Lord Glover laughed at that.

     "Don't worry, lad. He won't be leaving this tent with his head" the Lord told Theon.

     Robb looked as serious as ever and he asked the guard "where did you find him?"

     "In the brush above the encampment. He looked to be counting" the guard told Robb, and that information interested Rhaella.

     The girl moved towards the guards and the scout, "how high did you get?" She asked.

     The Lannister scout looked at one of the guards and said, "20,000. Maybe more," at that answer everyone looked bewildered, they knew they only had 18,000 men, and they weren't sure if the man's mistake could be used to their advantage or not.

     "You don't have to do this yourself, your father would understand-" Ser Rodrik started saing, but he was interrupted by Robb.

     Robb turned to the man, "my father understands mercy, when there is room for it" he said.

     "And he understands honor" he completed, and Ser Rodrik nodded, "and courage" the boy continued, he looked at Rhaella and nodded.

     "Let him go," the girl said, and everyone in the tent looked bewildered, they got up and Lady Stark said Robb's name, asking for him to do something.

     "She is right" it was all he said, and he gave his mother a look, asking her to trust him and Rhaella. Then Robb walked close to the scout and said to him, softly "Tell Lord Tywin Winter is coming for him. 20,000 northeners marching south to find out if he really does shit gold," at this point the Lannister scout was shaking.

     "Yes, my Lord. Thank you, my Lord" was all the scout said before being dragged away from the tent.

     Lord Glover walked towards Robb and said "are you touched boy? Letting him go?!"