Chapter 34

A few weeks later Kara had written her story about the Vice-President being corrupt. She had single-handedly given the President everything that she needed to have to Vice-President thrown out of office and into jail. She had also decided that she was going to start up newspaper outlets in Metropolis and Central City. Today she was going to go and visit with both Lois and Iris to see what she could do when it came to helping the two women get their parts of the business up and running.

So, today she would be spending the day in Metropolis with her cousin and his wife. When Kara got to Lois and Clark's apartment, she knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

Lois opened the door and said, "It's nice to see you care, but what are you doing here?"

"I came to help you get your business up and running so I was hoping that I could spend the rest of the day with you and Kal." Kara said.

"That sounds great. Come on in. We can go see the building later." Lois said.

As the two women enter the sitting room Clark comes in and says, "Hey Kara, it is good to see you." Clark said.

"Its good to see you too, Kal. Now how about you tell me when Jonathan is going to be born. I want to be an aunt again." Kara said.

"You know I can't do that and run a business at the same time Kara. That will have to wait." Lois said.

"What about you? You are married and I don't hear you talking about having any children right now." Clark said.

"Good point. I don't have time right now with being the lead hero and also running a newspaper company." Kara said and everyone nodded in agreement.

A few hours later the three of them went out to see the building that Lois was looking at for the newspaper. Kara really liked it.

"You can do what we did and use the upper couple of levels for Kal's lair. That way he won't have to go to the fortress every time he needs something. It has been really helpfully for my team." Kara said.

"I was thinking the same thing. That is why I was looking at this building. It over looks the whole city." Lois said.

"Yeah, I like it for that reason too. I think this would be the perfect place for a newspaper company." Clark said.

"Ok, I will talk to the real estate agent today and get everything in motion so that I can buy the building." Kara said.

"Thank you, Kara. I know you are taking a huge leap of faith with letting me run this newspaper. I will do my best not to let you down." Lois said.

"I have no doubt that you will do fine. Now, how about you call the agent so we can get this all done, so that we can just hang out for tonight." Kara said and Lois nodded as she took out her phone and called the real estate agent.

Once the agent arrived, they talked about the price of the building and then Kara signed the papers so that everything was in the works for her to own the building. Once that was done Kara gave the agent the amount in cash for the price of the building.

"Ok, how about we go home and hang out? I know you have to be in Central City in the morning." Lois said and they all nodded and head to Lois and Clark's to hang out for the night.

The next morning, Kara was flying to Central City to meet with Iris about the building that she had been looking at. When she arrived at the address that Iris had given her, Kara knew that she had to have this building for her branch in Central City. It was perfect, and it would allow for expansion if it was needed in the future.

Iris got there probably ten minutes later and said "So, what do you think? I think it is perfect."

"You're right, it is perfect. Call up the real estate agent and tell her that we will take the building." Kara said.

Iris called the agent and told her "We will take the building. We are actually here now."

Iris hung up the phone and said "She is on the way. She just needs to get the paperwork together."

"Sounds good. I am off until tomorrow, so I am in no hurry." Kara said.

Ten minutes later the agent shows up and they talk about the price and Kara signs the papers and gives the woman the money so that they could get the ball rolling on everything as soon as possible.

"Oh, I am so happy that you let me run my own branch of the newspaper in Central City. You will not regret this. I promise." Iris said.

"I believe you. Now, let go get something to eat so that we can celebrate." Kara said and Iris nodded as the went to the nice restaurant around the corner and ate.

After they were done eating, Kara decided that it was time for her to get back to National city. She needed to get back to her own branch of the business.

"Let me know if you need any help and I will get here as soon as I can to help you." Kara said.

"I will let you know. I need to start interviewing people that are interested in working here. The best place would probably be some of the college job fairs." Iris said.

"Yeah that is what I was thinking before I knew that I was going to get everyone that worked for Catco, since Cat was getting out of the newspaper business." Kara said.

"Well, I will see you later Iris. I need to get home and see how bad everything is going to be since I have been gone for a couple of days." Kara said and Iris nodded as Kara took off into the sky to head home.