Chapter 28

The next day, Kara was sitting at her desk in her office when her phone went off showing that she had received a text from Oliver. It said "The twins have been born. Just thought I would let all Team Flash and Team Supergirl know."

Kara smiled because she was happy that everything had gone well and that the babies were born. She sent a text back saying "It is good to hear that the twins are here. Hope everything went well, and that Laurel is recovering quickly."

A few minutes later Oliver texted back "Everything went fine, and both of the babies and Laurel are doing well. Thanks for asking."

Kara then got back to work. She walked out to see what everyone was working on today. They had record sales for a start up newspaper for the first couple of day of business. This means that everything was going well, and the paper was being well received. This was Kara's dream, to run a newspaper in National City, and if she had anything to do with it the National City Daily News was going to be the best newspaper in the city.

She knew that she was going to run things differently then Cat had run things at Catco. She didn't want to have all of her employees scared of her; however, she was not going to let these people run over her either. She had to show that she was in charge but do it in a way that would not cause people to hate her.

Kara went to check on things with Nia to see what she was working on. Nia happened to be working on a story that was about Lex Luthor. She had most of her material together regarding her story, she just needed a one on one interview with the man himself.

"Nia, you need to make sure that you are careful with this story. If you do too much, you will be a target for Lex. He is dangerous, So if you are going to do this story, you either need to bury him so deep with the information that you have on him, or you need to leave all the big things out so that you don't become a target for him." Kara said.

"I am going to do what you did to him when you won the Pulitzer prize for exposing Lex's plans with the President and the Agents of Liberty. Maybe this time we will be able to keep him in jail where he belongs." Nia said.

"That would be great. Let me know if you need me for anything." Kara said.

"Will do." Nia said.

Kara then walked over to James' office to see what kind of story he was working on for the day. "Hey, what are you working on today?" Kara asked.

"I was working on the pictures that I took of Supergirl's latest save." James said.

"I don't think there was anything that special about it. It was just a simple bank robbery." Kara said.

"You don't give yourself enough credit care. You are a hero and people want to know what you have been up to." James said.

"Yeah, I just don't want all of this credit. I don't do this for the credit. I do it for the fact that I love this city and the people in it, and I will do whatever it takes to protect them." Kara said.

"And that is what makes you a hero Kara. You don't want anything in return. You just want to be there to help people when they need it." James said.

"You have anything else going on today?" Kara asked.

"No, not that I know of. What do you have planned?" James asked.

"Nia is working on a story that is a potential first page story and I need you to get some pictures of Lex Luthor, to go with the article." Kara said.

"I will be right on it. I will get you a picture as soon as I get the right picture of you for tomorrow's edition." James said and Kara nodded and left the room.

Kara was going to go see what was going on with Team Supergirl. Before she left, she said "Does anyone have any questions before I go on my lunch break?"

No one answered her question, so she figured that there were no question and left to go up to the tower, where the team was waiting for her. When she got there, she told the team about the good news with Oliver and Laurel having the twins.

"I got a text from Oliver that the twins have been born and that the babies and Laurel are all doing fine." Kara said.

"That's great. When do you think you will go and visit? I would like to go with you. I could you some time away from this place." Alex said.

"I don't want to bother them right now. Maybe in a couple of days they would have rested enough to see visitors." Kara said and Alex nodded.

"That is probably a good idea. Let Laurel rest for a while and let the babies get acclimated to being born." Alex said.

"I will let you know when I am going, and I will come and pick you up." Kara said.

"Ok, sounds good to me." Alex said.

Kara then goes and talks to her mother and see what she was working on today. "What are you working on today mom." Kara asked.

"Oh, nothing much. Just trying to help Lena make more black kryptonite, so that Argo will have an unlimited amount to keep the people there safe." Alura said.

"That is good to know. I am glad that they will be safe from now on." Kara said.

"You and me both." Alura said.

"Well, I will talk to all of your later. I needed to get back down to work or people will think that I am slacking off." Kara said as she went back to work.

The rest of the workday went be pretty fast and Kara got another text as she was in the elevator going up to the tower. When she read the message, she couldn't help but to smile.

"Hey everyone. I have an announcement to make. It looks like Caitlin has just gone into Labor." Kara said.

"Well it looks like all the kids might be born on the same day or a day apart for the most." Alura said.

"Yeah it sure does look that way. I will just have to make a couple of stops when I go for my visits to these babies. Now everyone, let's head home and get some rest." Kara said.