Before my mind can cooperate, my eyes flutters shut, I feel my body leaning in. Our lips were almost touching when a big, bulgy hand squeezes my shoulder.

Hastily, I back away and flutter my eyes open. The hand was gripping my shoulder painfully and I see that the hand belonged to a very enthusiastic looking Frypan.

His elbow peirced into Thomas's bony shoulder too and I am worried he will cut of the blood circulation in our shoulders. I swear for a split secound I noticed him wincing slightly.

I turned to Frypan slowly, my curls bouncing on my shoulder. He had a rotting, horrendous smile that displayed his multicoloured orange combined with black teeth. His hair was trimmed into a clear buzz-cut and his fingernails were coated with soil, dirt and breadcrumbs which is very unsanitary since he is the cook.

"Come on you kids, everyone made me make fruit skewers, you should try some..their delicious." He grins, shoving a pointy skewer at our direction with his free hand.

Thomas barely notices Frypan. He just stares into my eyes saying absolutely nothing, barely blinking. I shift my gaze to Frypan which vacantly stand there with the offering placed in the palm of his hand.

I display a feigned, tight smile at his direction and grab the skewers, muttering an inaudible thank you. Frypan grins and begins to shuffle away. I look up from the skewers and look at Thomas slowly. We almost kissed and the funny thing is... I wanted us to kiss. I wanted to feel his lips against mine. He smiles faintly.

A take a deep breathe.

"Thomas I-"

"Hey Thomas!!" Gally it erupted me mid sentence. Thomas swings around to stare a vicious glare at the irritating boy.

His forehead was slick with sweat and his golden, short hair was glued onto his forehead. He grinned an evil smile. His clothes were spotted with patches of dirt that clung onto his clothes. He opened his hands out wide gesturing to the large crowd that has clustered behind him, glaring at Thomas with a mocking sympathy.

"Me and you. Wrestle." Gally informed. My heart started thudding immensely. If Thomas agrees.. Gally has enough strength to crack someone's skull open. Thomas swings back, facing me, raising an eyebrow slightly. I tried to tell him to forfeit with my eyes, pleading with him. My silence seemed to be misleading to Thomas and he nodded his head.

"Your on." He agreed shuffling over to the small wrestling area that had been identifiable by the crowd forming the barrier. I sigh, staring at the ground, not wanting to see the blood splattering on the ground.

"Al!" A sassy voice rings out. It almost feels painful to hear the voice; the voice that is hiding so many secrets and mysteries behind my back. I shut my eyes for a moment trying to clear the clutter of my mind. Reopening my eyes, I see Minho, a bright smile plastering his face. I barely even attempt to display a friendly smile.

"What do you want?" I asked, folding my arms defiantly. He raised an eyebrow glaring at me like a police officer .

"You okay?" He asked softly, his friendly features melting away like the bright sun scorching the icy snow. His hand brushes my elbow. I shrug him of violently like he is poison that is extremely dangerous to have contact with skin. He sighs.

"What is it Al? You can tell me anything. You know that right?" He comforts, despite my bitter attitude towards him. I glared at him almost suspicious trying to get him to crack his secrets out to me. He remains confident by not seeming even the slightest bit uneasy about my threatening glare. After a long pause I decided to speak.

"The question is.. Can you tell me anything?" I countered. Instantly, his charming grin faultered like a balloon being deflated. His eyebrows arch in a confused look and his nose crinkles. With that question lingering in the air and one last finally frown, I saunter over too the big circle. I crane my neck searching for any sign of Thomas.

I notice him almost instantly, cowering on the ground. His face looked almost normal except the gash on his temple. He spluttered violently staring at the ground like he was defeated. Gally, tall and proud, wiped the blood oozing from his mouth onto his hand, glaring at Thomas like a lion about to rip out the heart of his prey. Thomas attempted to rise but his weak arms collapsing under him.

I hear the crowd chuckle and jeer with mockery laces in the insults. My ears ring with the continuous chanting of Gally's name. I push through the crowd milling around. Gladers, groaned and grunted as I struggled with the sweaty bodies packed together. I mutter excuses as I poke people painfully on the arm or slam my jandels on thier toes. I finally reach the front of the circle. With Gally's back to me, I instantly know Thomas has spotted me. I decided to react.

"Hey Gally!" I scream louder than the chants. Everyone haunts thier perpetual chanting to glance at me, confused. With a confused grunt, Gally swirls around and instantly my foot slams into his jaw, the horrible sound of something snapping echoe through the Glade. He coughs groaning under the impact. I spot the red foot mark on his pale face and the blood concealing his hand. He splutters and chokes examining his hand as though it was foreign. While he was distracted I sent my fist into his stomach, my hand grazing his rib cage. He coughs doubling over, looking deafened.

He inhaled vicious, ragged breathe as his lungs begged for oxygen. I hear the shuffling of Thomas gathering the strength to stand. My ears identify the sound of him walk over directly to my right. I already imagine the friendly smile plastered on his face. I looked sideways and sure enough, his grin spreads. I smile back; a real smile. My hand grasped his, my cold fingers lacing with his warm ones. He grinned, glancing a sideward glance at me.

"Good job, Allie. Your brave enough to beat the klunk out of Gally." He compliments brushing a stray curl from my face. I grin a wide smile and look into his eyes.