The Bonfire

Before I head straight into the chapter- I have some exciting news! You Hurt Me has reached 7k :) I just logged into Wattpad today to see the views have skyrockete from 6k! A HUMUNGOUS (is that a word?) thank you all of u guys reading this right now! Love u xxx

Now back to this story--

With trembling hands, I shove the crumpled note into the safety of my pocket. I will be able to examine it later and try to bring all the clues together.

Newt's sentence rings into my mind, a numbing sensation throbbing in my head. I groan as his British accent repeats the words that made me question our relationship.

'Your other boyfriend- Hunter. he was practically confessing his love for you right in front of my face.'

I blink away the tears that had formed in my eyes. I just hope its not true. Even though the handwritten note has proven Newt's suspicians. I glance at my watch, the numbers blaring at me like an alarm. 7:55pm.

The Bonfire will be starting in five miniutes. I scrunch my clothes tightly together in my fist and trample to the nearest Bathroom.

When I slip my cosy sweater on, the fabric hugs me from the misty cold night air and the comforing coldness of the necklace positioned over my throat, I steal a moments glance in the mirror.

I had peircing blue eyes and lots of clumps of distinguishable freckles dotting my nose and cheeks. My lips were pink and plump and a natrual rose shade. My hair had an lighter ombre shade at the ends, a kind of almost blonde colour. I detangle my hair quickily by raking my fingers through my thin hair.

I glance at my silver watch. 1 miniute. I breathe in slowly. One night. Thats how long I will avoid Newt for, after tonight.. I dont even know anymore.

I fight back tears and I rush outside. The wind whips my hair and automatically my arms hug tightly around my frame despite the furry sweater. As I pace towards my brightly coloured hammock, I see a vague silhoette of Thomas briskly walking accross The Glade. He was walking fast, probably assuring that he wasn't late to our date. Well is it a date? No. I'm dating Newt.

I break into a fast sprint so I could secure my clothes with my other belongings. Just as I lean down and stuff my clothes into the first compartment and the zip secures the bag closed, Thomas arrives, his lips curved into the recognizable friendly grin.

"Finally, Allie. Shall we go?" He grins offering me his arm. I gladly take it, trampling across the Glade. I could see the bonfire from the distance a huge fire The wind blew my hair slightly making me ease my constant nerves.

Thomas looked actually wry handsome, he had managed to switch his previous clothes, old ragged ones to almost fancy new clothes. He had a bright, orange shirt. My favourite color.

His hair was tousled severely but it suited him really well. He grinned noticing me staring. Red patches appeared on my cheeks, the cold air suddenly feeling really hot. My throat felt dry and I swallowed. But I don't know why I was feeling like this.

"Like the veiw, Allie?" He grins that smile that always makes me laugh. I can't contain it. I chuckle softly before shaking me head slightly. His grin remains, unfaultered, at the corner of my eye.

"You look great." I promised. Thomas smirked at the corner of his mouth, his eyes lighting up as he glanced towards me. I attempt to hide the furious red streaking my cheeks.

"No, you look beautiful Allie. You look amazing." He says softly, his eyes meeting mine as we stop, his hand gripping mine softly.

My heart thumps wildly in my chest and for some reason I can feel the blood pulsing through my veins. He takes a step closer to me and leans in slowly.