Unknown Secrets

I wrote this at like 1:00 in te bloody morning ;) haha I was so tired I only had to update now!

U could say I was feeling CRANKy 😃 haha I laughed so loud at that!!!

Plz enjoy (no really- 1:oo in the morning better be good 😏jks)

Alex's POV

I yawn, outstreching my arms as I sit up. My back aches and my head feels like I have slept on a rock. I look around, expecting to find Newt's legs tangled up in mine or his comforting arms draped around my waist. I see nothing- not even a clue to his dissapearance. I begin to worry as usually he will wake me up before he goes. Has The Creators taken him?

I rub my head as I finally stand- my legs feeling like jelly. I approch The Deadheads, twigs snapping violently beneath my boots. The air feels awfully humid and scorching today. I think of the calm relaxing sensation of water splashing against my body- like the time Newt and I went swimming at our secret little hangout spot. Maybe we might go for a swim tonight? Leaves brush my legs as I continue trudging deeper into the forest.

I hear distinct voices and I quietly follow them. The voices sharpen as I hide behind a tree catching the glimpse of dirty blonde hair. The texture if the tree embraces me as I try to breathe quietly. I wrap my arms around my legs, making me smaller and harder to notice. I can hear every word they say.

"I don't know what to do anymore. I feel like she can't trust me. Actually, I know she doesn't trust me." A Bristish accent croaks and my heart literally stops.

"Slim it Shank- she loves you." Minho's voice hangs in the air and I smile, he is right. I do love him. I would do anything for Newt but do I really trust him? My heart aches.

" Minho. Your maki'n this bloody harder for me. I know she buggin loves me but.. Should I do it?" He sniffles. I can imagine the tears rolling down his cheeks and it takes every mount of my strength not to run up to him and comfort him. Before I know it got tears my down my face, blurring my vision. I wipe them away annoyingly. Damn myself for being so emotional.

Minho stays quiet for a long time. My heart pounds and I wonder what he is talking about.

"Look. Shuck it! You know I am bad at these types of things. Newt it's your buggin' relationship it's going to affect so its not my place to say anything. She will be shuckin' crushed." He whispers softly. I hear crunching footsteps as Minho strides away. I sigh quietly.

I hold my breath for a long time waiting for Newt to move. Finally, I hear him limp away towards Minho. I need to talk to someone.

I can't talk to Newt or Minho for obvious reasons. I contemplate on spilling out my feelings to Chuck, the 13 year old pudgy boy. I rarely talk to him but then I realise that he is still young and might not be good with keeping secrets to himself.

The only other person I can think of is Thomas. I feel a rather connection towards him. Like I did for Newt. It felt like I had known him in the past. We have shared a few moments together but only and meal times.

I finally trudge away knowing he will be hanging around the outer edges of The Deadheads. Good thing Newt will be busy functioning The Glade and keeping an watchful eye on the workers.

Minho is already preoccupied with running The Maze and sadly enough, our whole chance of escaping is on his shuckin' hands.

I scavenge the area looking for the familiar dark patch of dark brown hair. Finally, after a long period of time I noticed him. In a crooked posture, overlooking the numerous graves but his hand hovered over the embellished name that I also seemed to recognise earlier.

John Smitter.

I furrowed my eyebrows and let out a audible, strained cough. Immediately, he turned and his eyes softened when he reconized me.

"Hey Thomas." I greeted, smiling. He seemed to relax and a wide grin spread across his face.

"Hey Kat." He grinned using my old name. I sat down on the dirty ground next to him staring at the mysterious grave. Some seconds passed. A comfortable silence though, unsaid words drifted in the air. I leaned my head back.

"You know that's not my name anymore. Katy." I whispered softly. At the corner of my eye, I saw him glance at me. I laughed picking up a nearby leave observing its rays of autumn colours before allowing it to drift away in the wind.

"My name is actually- Alexandra Marie Lowe." I grinned staring at te debris chipped from the corners of decaying graves. He smiled, a genuine smile.

"You know that name suits you a lot better than Katy." He commented. I laughed and nodded furiously.

"Hey Thomas?" I questioned.

"Yeah?" He glanced at me, raising his eyebrows.

I sighed.

"What do I look like?" I asked randomly.

After a month, I have never got in contact with a mirror let alone Hair Shampoo. Newt hasn't told me what I looked like. He had just told me I look beautiful which of course had sent me into blushing mode. But what is the real definition of beauty? Is there actually any Beauty in life?

If there is, I sure haven't found it.

"Well." Thomas began observing me while he thinks of a perfect explanation.

"You have curly hair- that always looks flawless. Hair products or no hair products. You have a little ombré highlights a the tips of our original brown hair. Your eyes are a pretty shade of blue. You are quite short but also a fighter. And you have a smile that can light up anybody's day." He finished.

I blushed. He just gave me more compliments than actually telling me what I look like.

"Thanks. I was meaning to ask you something. But I won't. It's too weird." I shiver remembering thier brief conversation that send chills up my spine.

"You can tell me- you can trust me." He assured placing a hand over my shoulder. I grinned but it soon faultered into a grim frown.

"Well- I heard Newt and Minho talking about me." I confessed letting out a breath, I wasn't even aware of holding. He scanned my face and seemed to nod- deep in thought.

"Minho said she will be crushed and said that its going to affect Newt and I's relationship." I added.

I relized Thomas dosent know Newt and I are currently boyfriend and girlfriend. Hardly anyone knew. I was actually surprised that Minho had been able to sustain that secret and not shout it aloud to the whole shuckin' Glade. I decided to tell him later as it didn't really seem relevant right now.

He nodded a couple times and his eyes widened briefly. Transforming into a sickening shade of black as if he was in a pitch black room. My heart pounds as I think of Newt's horrible outburst and try to resist myself from running away. His eyes resumed into its natural brown color again and he seemed to think things over.

"Well- have you err thought of him maybe ending your friendship? I mean maybe he has no time since he's got klunk to deal with?" He offered using various hand gestures as if to explain.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I absentmindedly looked at the ends and noticed there was indeed a lighter almost- blonde shade. He doesn't know we have feelings for each other.

"Maybe." I sighed unconvincingly. That doesn't seem even possible- he will end our relationship just because his busy schedule?

That dosent sound right. But then again, nothing sounds right in this damn place.