~Rat Man Is Back~

Alexadra's POV

I am a little disappointed when Newt rejects the idea of me being a Runner. I know it is sweet that he cares and I understand he is overprotective but I don't wanna do nothing all day. I wanna have a job and actually DO something productive and help the Gladers. Everyone wants to get out of here, including me. Me and Newt can have a REAL life together outside of The Glade.

The grass tickles my legs as I shift, hoping to find a comfortable position on the cold hard ground. Goosebumps began appearing on my arms as the wind whipped violently. Newt offered me warmth as we cuddled together but he got impatient from me constantly waking him and moved a few feet away. I sigh softly, alot has been goind on in my mind. Mostly about the future. Were we ever going to get outta here? I glance to my left and spot the mop of dirty blonde hair just barely visible from the dark. I attempt to close my eyes. That dosen't help. Although my eyes  are heavy, I feel restless and awake.

I give up and hoist myself upright. Quietly, I brush off my shorts and trudge into the section of forest. Tree's scrape my legs as I accidentally step on pointy plants. I grit my teeth as I attempt to dodge the trees. I can feel fresh blood dribbling from my open wounds. Its difficult to see in the dark. I have no night- vision eyes. I hate being alone like this.

Suddenly, I hear a very faint noise. Like a voice whispering to me. I look around frantically stopping by a tall tree to examine my surroundings. I stay silent trying to hear any snapping of twigs that could mean someone had been following me. I hold my breath. After about 2 minutes, I start walking again. I reassure myself that my mind is just tired and playing tricks on me. I hear twigs snap under my boots as I finally enter the clearing that had been decorated for me and Newt. No one had bothered to come to the Deadheads as they are to busy holding wrestling fights or doing their jobs. The lights still twinkle like little stars around me. I smile remembering the moments we have had here.

Alexandra.

I freeze as my eyes almost bulge out of their sockets. That voice again. I listen closely to make sure it wasn't my imagination. My heart pounds so hard, I could feel its rapid pulse in my clenched fists. I pause waiting to hear the raspy voice again.

Alex.

It says more clearly like it had been said in person. I gulp as fear overcomes me.

Alex. Remember me? I am the one who put you here.

The raspy, croaky voice booms again. I feel a tinge of recognization. I dig my very few memories looking for that old, gruff voice. My eyes bulge as wide as pancakes. My heart pounds and my teeth chatter uncontrollably.

Alex. I have a very simple task for you.

Its that rat looking guy. The one who put my life through a living hell. I grit my teeth. Anger takes over my emotions. I wanna hit someone and scratch them. His voice is like the sound of death. Horrible to my ears. I almost wanna scream at him and hurl insults at him. But he is the one who put me here and he can be the one to kill me. I somehow manage to control my anger and look at the clues. He definetly insn't here. His sentences as an odd echo. Telepathic. My heart does somersaults. He is talking in my mind. Can he read what I am thinking? I gulp.

What do you want?

I ask telepathically. There is a moment of silence. For a second, I think I am hallucinating or maybe even in a dream. I pinch myself. A shot of pain pounds through my body as I stare at the no red blotch on my arm. Definitely real.

I want you to do a very.. simple thing.

He returns. His evil smirk is evident and I resist to call him a bloody shuck for putting Newt and all the Gladers here. He ruined our lives.

What?

I angrily retort. He suddenly laughs. Or maybe he is choking? A croaky, hoarse noise erupts from his throat and I imagine  spit flying out of his mouth . I hold my breath waiting till he stops the horrible noise from damaging my ears. He erupts in a series of coughs. I think he is sick. I hear him blow his nose and take a big sniff. I scrunch up my nose. Ew. He finally composes himself and says the two words that changes my life. The words that I would rather die then hearing.

Kill Newt.