~Misuderstood~

A/N: You guys gonna love me at the end of this chapter :) Enjoy!

Newt suddenly leans in and presses his lips to mine, I am literally startled.  His lips feel soft and warm. I kiss back. It feels warm and inviting as our lips move in perfect sync. I let my hind slide through his hair and gently pull the ends He smiles into the kiss and pulls me closer even though we are close enough. His hand rests as my cheek. We break the kiss and rests our foreheads together and catch our breath. I lean in and kiss him again. Newt gently leans me back into the tree. The bark offers me reassurance and comforts my constantly knotting stomach. I feel butterflies. Horrible, squirming butterflies. He rests his two hands on the tree, just above my head as he leans closer. We break again, for a second until Newt seals the kiss again.

I feel great. But I had just broken a promise to myself. I said I will not get into a relationship with Newt. I cannot let him kiss me, I don’t like him that way. It has to stay like that. I grab his shoulders lightly and push him away gently.

We break away and his face looks pained but confused. I glance around the Glade. Surely no one noticed that. No one was in sight. I shot up quickly and ran.. Faster than I have ever ran before. Tears leak out from my eyes nonstop. Newt shouts for me to come back behind me. But I am faster than him, even with his limp. I can’t believe he did that.  I touch my lips and they still feel warm from Newt’s heat. I can easily outrun him. I dodge trees and leap over logs. I am quite deep into the forest when I see something.

3 rows of makeshift graves poke out from the ground, their writing concealed in dirt and grime. I take a step forward and I hear a soft crunch. I lift up my shoe to realise I stepped directly onto a rotting skull. I wince as my breakfast threatens to make a reappearance. The nearest grave looks the oldest because it has the most layers of grime and a big piece from a corner has been chipped. I gently rub my fingers against the writing and squint my eyes to read the carving.

John Smitter.

For some reason, the name strikes me as familiar. I can’t place why. I rub my temples trying to remember. Anything. Suddenly, I hear footsteps crunch the leaves and is gaining closer. It was getting quite dark and I definitely didn’t want to find out who is there. I look around desperately for any places to hide. Log. Too obvious. Pile of leaves. Too small. Tree. Bingo. I run to the nearest tree and start climbing carefully. My foot slips suddenly about halfway and I go crashing to the dirt, the impact making my hand sting. I wince and try to drag my way behind the tree. Before I can reach the tree there is a voice.

“Greenie!!” He shouts. I sigh with relief, Newt would call me by my name.. whoever this is doesn’t know my name. I spot a head with black, spikey hair and I instantly know its Minho. Minho wears the same getup as yesterday but he appears to be sweating even more. He finally spots me and rushes over.

“Hey-Minho.” I whisper looking at my hand which feels like its been sliced with a giant butcher knife. He takes my hand and examines it. It stings really badly and burns whenever I move it slightly. I felt like crying, the pain was excruciating and unbearable but I couldn’t. I had no tears left to cry. Minho had a concentrating expression as he squinted at my hand.

“Great job Greenie- you managed to break two of your fingers, bravo!” He sassily retorted helping me up gently. I wince as he takes out a bandage and wraps it around tightly over my hand. I furrow my eyebrows. Minho? A Medjack? That seems impossible.

“Minho- you’re a Medjack?” I ask curiously. He laughs that sounds like a witch crackling a throaty cough. I laugh too because of how weird his laugh is, its quite contagious.

“No, I have to carry medical items in case I get injured in The Maze.” He says simply while he continues wrapping the bandage tightly around my injured hand.

“Minho- You go inside The Maze!!” I shout loudly resulting a colony of birds flying away hurriedly. Minho can get in so much trouble.. it’s a violation of one of the three rules. He could get Banished.

“Yeah- I’m a runner. Runners are a people that run the maze everyday, mapping possible escape routes and noting down the changes of The Maze. Its one of the jobs.” He explains  securing the bandage with a final pull, a smile a thank you at him which he returns.

A runner. I want to do it. I will talk to Newt tomorrow. Wait..

“So what is your name Greenie?” He asks interrupting my thoughts. I snap back to reality and he folds his bulky arms looking at me expectedly.

“Katy. Oh and why were you looking for me?” I ask. Suddenly, his eyes glimmer as if he remembers something, glances at his watch and drags me by my uninjured hand out of the Deadheads. I am dragged along to the centre of the Glade where everyone waits as if expecting me.

“Time for Alby’s Banishment, Katy.” Minho mumbles as we join the crowd. I look at my feet hoping not to see Newt here. I can feel every eye on me. I hope Newt isn’t here. I was so wrong to do that but I don’t like him like that. Luckily, Minho didn’t question why I was in the Deadheads in the first place. I hear distinct mumbles but I can still hear him say my name.

“Katy.” A voice whispers softly.

I look up to meet the eyes of Newt.

DUN!DUN!DUN! Haha they FINALLY kissed :) Hello Naty/Kewt shippers :)!!!!

So why does she not like him? Find out next chapter and if her plan will work at Alby's banishing!

I am giving you a hug if you read all that black writing above :P!

*gives hug*