Chapter 46: Nightmare

This is just a very very short chapter everyone.

Symerra Scarlet Reyes-Cortez

I've never prayed so hard in my life. I wasn't this scared in my whole life. This is the only moment I was ever so scared.

The moment I opened my eyes, the white ceiling was the first thing I saw. But the white blinding ceiling was overlapped by a towering shadow. I hear a distorted voice.

I blinked and blinked until my eyes and ears adjusted. Arck's image got clearer in my vision. I hear his voice clearly.

"Scarlet? How are you? Are you feeling okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Do you need something?" Sunod-sunod ang tanong niya.

Umiling ako. No, I don't need anything. I need my babies.

"A-arck.." My eyes watered. "Where are they?" I couldn't even hear my voice properly.

He took a deep breath and held my hand before answering my question. I was never this scared to hear an answer to my question.

"They are fine."

Sinapo ko ang tiyan. "Okay.." Napahinga ako nang malalim but he held both of my hand.

"You don't carry them anymore." I looked at him with petrified eyes.

"No, you said they were fine! You told me-"

"Shh shh.. Calm down. Calm down." He caressed my cheek. "You gave birth to them. It's been 24 hours since I received the news that you all are safe. They are in the NICU." He whispered as he continued caressing my cheek with his thumbs.

I calmed down after hearing him. "I want to see them.."

He nodded and smiled. "Yes, let's go see them." He kissed my forehead. "Let me go get a wheelchair first. Wait for me here, okay? I'll be quick." He went out of the room and I waited quietly.

There's something I want to talk to him about. There's so many things I want to say to him but it's not my priority right now. I just want to see the babies.

He came back pushing a wheelchair inside. My heart was already racing as we were going to the NICU Arck is talking about. My babies are born premature so there were so many thoughts going through my head. Will they be perfectly okay? I've read on the internet that premature babies aren't safe because their organs aren't fully developed. I can just pray for them to be safe.

From here, I saw my family on the hallway in front of a glass, the hallway was crowded because of them.

Allure saw me first. She came to me with tears in her eyes. "We legit thought you're leaving us. Thank you for staying."

"Sym!" Ate Wendy hugged me.

"You okay?" Tanong nila kaya tumango ako.

"I wanna see my babies. Where are they?"

"They're inside." Itinuro ni Ate Wendy ang harap ng glass.

Mas inilapit ako doon ni Arck at inalalayan ako sa pagtayo. Laura, who was holding a camera pointed the separate incubators my babies were in.

"Look at them, they're so tiny." Laura was almost squealing.

I watched their peaceful faces inside the incubators. The pain of losing them crept into me. Inilapat ko ang kamay sa glass wall, wanting to hold them.

I remember how I cried and begged the doctor to save my babies. I just can't lose them. I've lived enough. Sacrificing my life for my babies will be a choice I would choose again and again if needed.