Chapter 35: Cortez by Next Week

Guys, I'm really sorry for the late update. I got busy with Treasure since they just debuted at the same time, I also got busy rewatching wgm ng SungJoy and some Exo contents because I miss them so much. ☹

Here's a short update. Thank you for your patience y'all.

Arck Leonel Cortez

Did I heard her right? I blinked, trying to process the information. Did she really said what I heard?

With a heart beating so fast in my chest, I asked, "A-ano?"

"I just found out I'm pregnant!" She answered, closing tightly her eyes, clasping her hands together.

Wait.. pregnant? Does this mean..

"I'm gonna be a d-dad?" I gasped, suddenly anticipating.

I couldn't find the right words to say. This is.. I gasped to process the information.

"I'm pregnant." Ngayon ay nakayuko na siya at mahina iyong sinabi. "I know this is so sudden. This is not part of the plan I'm sorry.." She played with her fingertips.

What?

I bit my lower lip, suppressing my emotion, "Why are you apologizing? Everything about you is part of my plan." I hugged her, soothing her to make the bad thoughts disappear from corrupting her mind, just like what she always does to me everytime I think of unhealthy things.

"You sounded disappointed." I heard her sob. It immediately made me panic.

Does crying bad for a pregnant woman?

"I'm not disappointed." I caressed her arm para patahanin siya. "Don't think that I'm disappointed. I'm just.."

Wait.. Is this real?! I'm gonna be a dad?! She's pregnant! Scarlet is pregnant! She is pregnant!

Natulala ako nang tuluyang magsink in sa utak ko ang sinabi niya. My mind automatically wander off to the future, looking forward to our family.

"It's okay if you don't-"

"Don't even go there." I held her chin and made her face me. "You are pregnant, okay? Happy thoughts only." Pinahid ko ang luha sa kanyang pisngi, but she only cried more.

"Hey, don't cry. Don't cry." Sunod sunod kong pinahid ang luhang dumausdos sa pisngi niya na sunod sunod din ang pagtulo.

Okay lang bang umiyak ang mga buntis?

"I'm sorry.. I can't stop.." Umiiyak niya pa ring sabi, hanggang sa unti-unting lumakas ang iyak niya. Nagpapanic kong pinahid ang luha niya.

Siguro okay lang naman umiyak ang buntis no?

I hugged her again and let her cry on my chest as I caressed her head. Habang nandoon siya sa dibdib ko at umiiyak, ako naman ay inisip kaming dalawa.

I am gonna be a dad. The thought of seeing our child is making my heart burst out of happiness. What's even more happier is that I have her in my arms.

Bigla ay nagtubig ang mga mata ko.

From someone I hated before to someone who's the only key for my happiness. I love how twisted our fate got. The twisted fate brought us together and now, I don't even see myself for the days to come without holding her hand, and our child in my arm.

I didn't asked more than having someone I know I couldn't have but God gave me someone I didn't even asked for. And in my next life, I would ask for her and beg the heaven for her to be mine again and again. Lifetime to another lifetime, I want her.