Chapter 39: Start

I'm gonna edit this story bit by bit, if anyone cares.

Symerra Scarlet Reyes-Cortez

"H-have you seen it?" I asked in a hopeful tone, hoping he's still clueless about it but he heaved a deep breath before nodding.

"I did..."

I didn't know how to react. I just put my phone down on the kitchen aisle before rushing to him and hugging him.

"How are you?"

"I'm.. I'm okay." I felt him nodded.

Bumitaw ako sa pagkakayakap sa kanya, I cupped his face. "I know you're scared."

He shook his head. "I'm not."

"Please tell me. Tell me the truth." I begged. I can see it in his eyes so why is he lying to me?

"It's the truth. I'm not scared. Go back to the living room, I'm just gonna finish cooking and we'll have dinner." He swayed his hands towards the living room. I hesitated to go back but he held my hand and pulled me back to the living room.

He kissed my forehead and looked at me with a smile. "Sit here, I'll come back when I'm done."

Sinundan ko lang siya ng tingin. Nang makabalik na siya sa kusina ay tiningnan ko ulit ang thread. Kanina ay nasa 2k retweet lang iyon, but the numbers were increasing rapidly.

Tiningnan ko isa isa ang thread ni Mariz Fuentes. Who's this bitch anyway?

Her posts were; Guys, I was absent for a long time but I came back bearing sad news for a woman I know, Symerra Reyes who is now the wife of Arck Cortez who turned out to be a gay. Here's the proofs;

The following tweets under her first tweets were two videos.

FIrst was recorded audio. I climbed to the rooftop before I listened to it. I'm afraid Arck would hear me listening to this.

The caption on the first audio was: This audio came from a friend of Arck. Girl, Symerra Reyes, I'm so sorry. I hope you're fine.

"Well, he's gay. We've known each other since college." Rico's voice can be heard! What the hell! Is this real?

"Who's gay?" It was another man's voice.

"My best friend," Rico answered.

"Arck?"

"Yes." Rico laughed. "Bakit parang paulit-ulit kang nagtatanong ha? Yes! My friend is gay but it's a secret so don't tell anyone."

My mind was going crazy listening to the audio. It seems like Rico didn't know that what he's saying is being recorded. And how did this happen?!

The second audio was still Rico's voice telling the man his best friend's secret.

The caption of the second audio was; You've heard from the first audio that Arck Cortez is gay. Guys, I hope this would be a lesson for us not to fool a person for our personal gain.

"But why is it a secret?"

"Because Arck doesn't want his family to know."

"Why?"

"Because Arck thinks he won't be accepted by his family so he remained to be a tough guy."

"And he's married, right?"

"Yes."

It was the end of the audio.

What are we gonna do with this? Would Arck finally tell our family about this? How would they react? Laura called me after a few seconds of me staring in a daze.