A Business Broker pt2

Start from the beginning

Mrs.Robinson is into photoggraphy so I listened as she tried to explain to me about the different techniques the photographers did to achieve the different photos we are seeing. From lightning to zoom to editing the photos. Making it black and white or in intense colors. There are many layers of technique in photography that to be honest, I had no idea until then.

There are interesting photos in the exhibitions. Mrs.Robinson said she might come back there to meet some of the photographers and artists involved in the exhibit.

After that we finally met with the other again. Mr.Robinson and Mr.Todd, Mrs.Robinson's brother, thanked me for helping Mrs.Robinson find her bracelet.

I asked them who won the golf game. Mr.Todd and Pau won. I am happy for Pau because he will get free gift vouchers from the golf club that he can use to buy things at the shops there as his prize for winning.

Pau: I saw a jacket in one of the shops that I like. I think I will use the vouchers I won to buy it.

Me: For a beginner, you are great.

Pau: (chuckling) Who said I am a beginner?

Wang Zhu: You are not a beginner?

Pau: (shaking his head) (laughing) No. I used to work as a caddy at one of these fancy golf clubs before I entered college. I think I lasted for eight months there. I learned to play golf while working there. I was quite good too that there were new members of the club who asked me to teach them how to play golf.

Qing: Wow. I feel swindled now. He is a pro. He even taught people to golf.

Pau grinned at us. I am proud of him.

That day ended well and I soon forgot all about it. But then days later, Baba called me to ask what I want as a reward for brokering a deal between the Wang company and the Robinson's.

Me: (totally confuse) I brokered a deal? No, I didn't.

Qing: (confuse as well) Baba, Dayu was not with us when we talked business to Mr.Robinson and Mr.Todd.

Baba: Well, we apparently wasted our time. Mr.Robinson has apprehension on giving us a deal while Mr.Todd was satisfied with what we laid at the table. The swing vote was Mrs.Robinson who liked Dayu so much, she changed her mind on matching her daughter to either you or Zhu. She said she liked her daughter to meet Dayu.

Me: (surprised) She liked me? Really?

Mama: Why be surprise? Who wouldn't like you? You are lovable, my boy.

Me: Yeah but...all we talked about are photos and her daughter...

Baba: Well, Mrs.Robinson said she liked your honesty about things you know and you don't know. She liked that you were careful when talking about business...

Me: I didn't talk about any business. I don't know anything about the business for me to yap about it.

Mama: Exactly. And Mrs.Robinson liked that. You are honest, as well as circumspect. You don't brag about things you don't know and you are very straightforward about things you want to learn. She was impressed by your hospitality and manners.