FALL IN LOVE AGAIN

FALL IN LOVE AGAIN | jikook
PART 1 • HIS SON

"Mommy, who is he?" asked the kid carried by Jimin's wife.

She smiled and kissed her son's cheek. "He's a friend of daddy, he's your uncle."

The kid's brows furrowed. He looked at me and asked, "Uncle?"

I forced a friendly smile and answered, "Yes kiddo. I'm Uncle Jungkook."

'The man who loves your Dad, so much that I chose to give up our relationship... for him. For you. Because he had you.'

I continued on my mind and did my best to control the sudden burning of tears on my eyes, the pain on my chest and the urge to breakdown.

FALL IN LOVE AGAIN | jikook
PART 2 • WE MET AGAIN

"Jungkook?" Someone called from behind. I knew who it was. That voice. That soft tone. That way my name sounded when that certain person says it.

I looked back and met his gaze.

"Jimin," I said, unable to suppress the longing on my voice. But gladly it didn't crack, it didn't show the pain I bottled up inside.

"Daddy!" The kid screamed and ran towards Jimin. But he never left my eyes. He was looking at me with those eyes saying he missed me. That he still loves me. Am I seeing this right? Or it was all just part of my imagination?

I watched him kiss his son on the cheek without cutting the eye contact. Unaware of his wife's intense gaze on us. I heard her clear her throat as if trying to break us out of reverie. I blinked thrice and flashed an awkward smile.

"How come you're---"

I didn't let him finish, and immediately interrupted. I have to leave. I can't keep watching him with his family. I'm happy for him, I sure do. But I still love him. And I can't do anything about it. I can't stop it, even after trying for a million times. "I'm about to leave. I just bumped into your crying son, he got lost so I helped him find his Mom. I gotta go. It's nice to see you again."

He held my wrist before I could leave, "Jungkook."

I smiled to reassure him I'm fine. And before he let go of me, "I'm sorry. I still love you, Jungkook," he said, enough for us to hear.

FALL IN LOVE AGAIN | jikook
PART 3 • THE REASON

"Later, 10 PM, usual place," I replied on his confession and jerked his hand off my wrist. He nodded.

I diverted my attention to his son and beamed. Now, it's a real one. Different from the one I gave him a while ago.

"See you around, handsome boy!" The kid jumped and gave me a wide smile, clinging on my legs.

"Take care, Uncle Jungkook!" he said. I messed his hair and waved at him after.

And as I turned my back from them, I felt my heart crumble. It felt tight, almost clogging my throat, making me unable to breathe properly.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a minute. Taking slow strides until I got far away from them.

Today was supposed to be our 7th year anniversary. And fuck, why do I have to see him again? Today? Of all the days? Why now?

Was this a sign to continue what we have or a reminder to stop, let go and move on?

I went home thinking of what will I do later once we're alone. Or if will he really come? I was overthinking everything until I didn't notice how time went by. It's already 9 PM. And the distance from my apartment to our usual meeting place before is too far. I needed to hurry.