MY SISTER'S NOTEBOOK

jikook one-shot
by: Ella Satellite

"Oppa, have you seen my notebook?" Jihyun, Jimin's younger sister asked as she was busy browsing on her study table, almost messing the entire room. Her books were on the floor, pens and stationery materials were already scattered.

Jimin looked around and suppressed himself from face-palming. He removed his jacket, placed it on his sister's bed and asked, "Which one?"

"That notebook, the coffee-colored one." Jihyun answered, not sparing him a glance.

He started picking the things up and arranging it back to its original place. Holding a bunch of book on his arms, he said "Ah. No. Maybe you left it somewhere?"

Jihyun suddenly turned to him with worried eyes. His brows furrowed a single line, gaze directed at her with obvious confusion. "No Oppa! That shouldn't happen. I need to find it. No. I can't lose it." She said, diverting her attention back on looking for the said notebook. Her movements were fast, clearly eager to find the lost material.

"Is it that important?" Jimin couldn't help but ask, "Why? Did you write something too embarrassing?" He added, suddenly feeling the urge to laugh at her sister if ever she really did write something that'd taint her image.

"Oppa, this isn't the time to joke around. This isn't about me. This is about you." She said, putting the emphasis on the last four words. Jimin stopped what he was doing and walked towards Jihyun. He held her shoulders and moved her to face him. "Why is this about me?" He asked.

"Jungkook," she started, locked her eyes on him and continued, "I wrote all the stories you told me about him. Your feelings for him and... your wish of getting to know him."

Jimin stepped back, eyes wide-open, lips parted, breathing uneven. He's lost for words. His throat suddenly felt so dry.

No fucking way. He thought.

"I'm sorry. I just loved listening to you and I---" Jihyun tried to explain, but, "What the fuck, Jihyun? Why would you write those?!" Jimin chimed in, voice raising, agitation drawn on his face. Burning of anger.

He walked out, slamming the door. He marched back to his room and in defeat, tossed himself on the bed. Thinking what the hell will happen if Jungkook ever read those.

Shit! I won't just be ashamed, I'd definitely lose face! How am I going to face the fuck out of him? Damn." Jimin's mind created possible scenarios and he coudn't stop himself from overthinking. He just couldn't.

He'd been admiring Jungkook since he was highschool, the young man was his sister's classmate. They weren't close, but they do talk sometimes. Jimin never kept his feelings for Jungkook, he told everything to his sister.

And damn, she probably wrote it down on that notebook!

Jungkook's been to their home for a group project, and he as the oldest in the house, had to prepare the meals for the youngsters. He usually serve Jungkook's favorite and he always end the day with such euphoric feeling whenever Jungkook compliments his cooking.

Jimin watch him work, from the way he fix his glasses whenever it's falling, to the way his hands type on the keyboard of his laptop. Jimin familiarized himself with Jungkook's habits and mannerisms. He seemed like a stalker, but no. He knew how to respect Jungkook's space and privacy. He contented himself from watching him from a far, and never did something that'd scare him away.

Jimin was taken away from his reverie when his phone beeped. He received a direct message on Instagram, from a friend of Jungkook and Jihyun's classmate, Yugyeom. He hesitated, he doesn't know what it was about. And he was scared that it'd probably be about the lost notebook. With eyes firmly closed, and palms clasped together, he silently prayed it wasn't about anything linked to that fucking notebook.

Hands shaking, lips shivering and heart hammering so hard inside, he opened the message.

"FUCK. NO." He cursed, his phone rolled on the floor and his both hands grabbed on his hair, hard. Thinking it'd help him at least feel a bit better.

What Yugyeom sent, was a candid photo of Jungkook, holding the notebook, smiling. With an attached message, "Hyung. Seems like I have lost my friend to you, your effect on him is too much. Look at him smiling! That's a first. That motherfucker doesn't smile!"

Jimin rolled on to his bed and hid himself under the comforter. But then, his phone beeped again. He reached for it and checked what the notification was about, only to be greeted by a photo of Jungkook, showing the notebook on the camera, tagged to him, with the caption.

"I love everything written on this notebook, especially the one telling the story. :> Hyung, check your email. I've sent you a love letter days ago. You haven't checked it yet. If you're done, text me immediately. I'll be there."