STILL WITH YOU

errors ahead::

The night was cold and lonely. Jimin is missing someone. It was already midnight when he decided to go to the only place where he thought he'd see him. He's dying to see him again. It's been a month and he couldn't continue missing him like this. He's barely hanging in there.

His heart was heavy. He could feel how his shoulders started going up and down as he restrain himself. As he stop his tears from falling.

He sat somewhere near the bar counter and ordered his usual drink as he watched Jungkook sing on stage. Wearing those simple shirt and jeans, those sneakers he usually pair with his outfits. He haven't changed. He's still the man Jimin fell in love with.

As he get deeper on to the lyrics, his tears began falling and it was too hard to control. The glass of wine that he was holding almost fell, thankfully he was able to grip into it and immediately place it on the table.

Jimin brushed his tears with the back of his hand and with his blurry vision, he stood up and slowly dragged himself near the stage. He knew Jungkook could see him through the side of his eyes, but the man didn't give a fck. He continued singing, and going along the music as if Jimin didn't exist.

"I hate this! I really really hate this!" Jimin thought. He couldn't move. He stood there looking at the man he once had, the man who once looked at him with all love and care.

That man was nowhere. All he could see was the man he left behind. The man he abandoned.

Jungkook was emotionless. And it pained Jimin. Those eyes that was always filled with affection towards him is nowhere to be found.

Jungkook on the other hand, restrained himself and did his best to suppress the glitch of happiness that wishes to unfold through his eyes.

"Still with you~" He sang.

A tear dropped on Jungkook's eyes the moment memories came crashing to his mind. This song. This song which was playing the day Jimin suddenly said, "Let's break up." At this exact place, around this time, a month ago.

He remembered everything, including Jimin's words that pierced to his heart. It crushed him and he failed to recover. 

A MONTH AGO//

"Why are you breaking up with me? Did I do something you didn't like? I'll--"

"I'm ashamed, Jungkook. I couldn't be proud of you. Show you to everyone and---"

"Jimin--"

"I want a normal life, Jungkook. And I knew you won't be able to give it to me."

"I want someone that I could introduce to everyone without thinking deeply, someone I could be with without worrying about what the society's opinion--"

"Jimin! Here you are again. You and your fear of people's judgements! Why are you so scared of the society branding our relationship wrong? Unacceptable? Disgusting? Fuck society! I love you! And I know. I'm sure, you love me too! Isn't it enough that we do?"

The night was wrapped with words that caused pain to both Jungkook and Jimin. Everything weren't solved by talking. Jimin still left Jungkook. Questioning himself, where did he go wrong... apart from being a man who loves another man.

---

"Jungkook." Jimin called as the man was about to leave the place.

"Talk to me please. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Please?" Jimin almost kneeled down and beg Jungkook to stop. But he didn't. Gone is the soft man he loved so much. Left was the man he caused too much pain.

"Love..." He said under his breath. Eyes filled with water and cheeks soaking from tears.

"Love..." Hearing that voice, Jimin cried harder. He missed this soothing voice. He missed this music. He then found himself enveloped into his hug. His warmth wrapped around him and all he felt was love, security and care.

"Jungkook. I'm so sorry." He whispered. He felt warm water drops on his cheeks. It weren't his, but the man's who was hugging him.

"Don't cry. I don't deserve your tears." Jimin said as he dry Jungkook's cheeks with his hand.

"You deserve everything love. You deserve everything that's best. And I'm sorry if I wasn't the best for you---"

"Jungkook---" Jimin tried to stop Jungkook from saying words he knew wasn't right. He knew, Jungkook doesn't deserve.

"I wasn't. But I'll try, Jimin. Please. Please be proud of me too. Please think of me. Please think of what I'm gonna feel. Please focus on me. Please. Please Jimin, stop thinking about others. This is about you. About me. About us. Only us. So please---"

Jungkook's words were lost on to Jimin's lips. The latter pressed it roughly so he could stop Jungkook hurting himself with the words he once heard from Jimin. Once is enough. He doesn't want to wound Jungkook's heart again. He was indeed right.

This was them, only the two of them. No one needs to have a say in this. No one's opinion matters.

"I love you. I love you so much. I'm sorry." Jimin whispered against Jungkook's lips as soon as they parted from the kiss. He wrapped his arms around Jungkook's waist and tightened his hug, not wanting to let this man go once again. Not anymore.

Jungkook kissed the top of Jimin's head and with a low but audible voice, he said, "I love you too."