______

"Randhir! Randhir wake up!"

I frowned feeling a nudge on my shoulder and opened my eyes fighting the sleep back and looked at my left to see Ruhi. She smiled at me and whispered

"Get up and wake Ahana too! We have stopped at McDonald's to eat something! So come fast!"
Saying so,she left and that's when I noticed that everyone already left the car except me and Ahana. I looked down to see her sleeping peacefully, with hands still clutching my shirt in her grip tightly. I removed her hair away from her face caressing her cheeks.

"Ahana!"
I called softly but of course it didn't left any affect on her as she didn't even moved a bit. I sighed roaming my fingers in her hair which only made her snuggle in me like a baby.

"Ahana wake up!"
I said this time a little louder. She groaned keeping her face in my neck which sent shivers down my spine and my hold tightened on her waist as it was getting difficult for me to control my emotions. I gulped,feeling her hot breath falling on my neck and I tried being in control.

"Ahana! Everyone's waiting for us! Come on get up!"
She made a crying sound and left me shocked by sitting on my lap sideways wrapping her hand around my neck muttering

"Noooo! Randhir please I don't wanna get up! You're sooo warm!"
I surpassed the threatening smile hearing her cute tone but I smirked mischievously saying in a husky voice

"Well I don't have any problem being in this position but I don't think it will be ideal if I loose control and take you here itself!"

This seems to work as the next second,she jumped away from me sitting properly on her seat with red face and lowered eyes. I smiled lightly and said

"We've stopped at McDonald's as everyone wanted to eat something so come,let's go!"
I opened my door coming out and forwarded my hand for which she took hesitantly but when I didn't left her hand even after she came down, made her look at me lovingly to which I said

"Just doing it so that they don't get suspicious about us! Having them know about our differences is the last thing I want so act along!"
Her smile faltered with a flash of hurt in her eyes which made me curse myself mentally but I kept my blank face intact and hear her say chuckling sadly

"I really did messed up everything between us that you can't even stand my touch anymore! But I don't want you to do something against your wish as I am sure no one will notice us keenly so you don't have to pretend!"
She removed her hand from my hold walking ahead leaving me in a pool of guilt. Though I didn't wanted to hurt her but I did unintentionally. I cursed under my breath, following her and finally we all had our breakfast or more like brunch. After that,we again started our journey talking here and there and playing some games. After Sid,I took the driver's seat while Ruhi took my place and Sid on the passenger side. We didn't took much break after that and drove continuesly. It was late in the evening when we decided to have our dinner so we stopped at a dhaba which we found first and got off to fill our stomach. I frowned seeing Ahana fidgeting with her fingers which made me ask her

"Are you okay?"

"Ummm...I actually want to go to the washroom?"

She replied feebly and I nodded. I took her hand excusing from everyone making my way to the back of the dhaba were I located a public toilet and took her there.

"Arre madam aap kaho toh hum bhi andar chale!"
A creep commented who probably was drunk which made Ahana still while I fisted my palm landing a punch right across his face making blood ooze out of his nose.

"She is my wife you bastard!"
I shouted seething in anger

"Randhir! Randhir leave him!"
Ahana came panicked to me as she tried removing my death grip from his neck. I pushed him harshly while he ran away stumbling on his feet to save his life.

"What the hell is wrong with you? What was the need to beat him? Aap ko kahi lag jaati toh? Woh waise bhi nashe mein tha..."
Ahana shouted at me which angered me more as I replied in a equally loud voice cutting her off

"What was the need? Seriously you are asking me this? I don't know what is wrong with you! Jo bhi mein karta hu tumhe galat hi lagta hai. Infact even if I do nothing still you tend to think wrong. Jaise you thought ki I am sleeping with..."

I stopped abruptly not able to say ahead and felt my heart pain. Ahana looked down hiding her tears while I said ahead in a cold voice.

"I loved you with my everything Ahana! I bared my soul to you still you pointed a finger on my loyalty. Your words from yesterday forced me to think if we should even be together because clearly you don't trust me enough!"
Hearing this, Ahana looked at me unbelievably with tears streaming down her face. My fingers itched to wipe her tears away and take her in my arms but my broken heart and ego didn't allow me to.

"Ran... Randhir please... don't do this with me... please I beg you... don't leave me...I won't be able to bear that pain! If...if you want,slap me. Scold me do whatever you want but please... don't leave me... Randhir...I would die!
She cried hiccuping and took hold of my shirt tightly while I cupped her face with moist eyes myself

"I won't Ahana! As messed up as it sounds,I would rather get hurt by you thousands of time but I would never leave you. This heart is stupid and selfish enough to not let you go but at the same time, the pain you caused is too hard to ignore Ahana! When I heard those words from you yesterday,I could feel myself breaking!"

"Randhir...I am sorry! I was so stupid to even say something like that to you and I know just a sorry won't do anything!"
She whispered defeated and exhausted looking at me while I sighed closing my eyes and prepared myself to say the words which I was gathering the courage to say from quite some time.

"We need a break Ahana!"

She looked hurt and shocked by my words all at the same time and her hold loosen from me. I gulped not meeting her eyes as it was not easy for me too but it was best for the both of us right now.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Oops! Didn't saw the last one coming 🙊!

But what do you guys think would Randhir mean by needing a break?🤔

Also do you want Ahana to be forgiven now or some more punishment and lessons are remaining to be learnt? 😏

Avoid if there's any mistake 🙏

Please comment your thoughts guys and don't forget to vote too as it would mean the world to me 🥰

And I am not even kidding when I say that the more you comment, the more early the updates will be 😁

Take care and byeee ❤️