Chapter 5: The Truth

EMILY POV:
"Emily..." Alison whispers, and tries to hide her wrist.

I let the tears fall.

They don't stop.

I don't say anything, as just stare at the blood covered floor.

I keep trying to wipe the tears away, but they keep coming. Stinging my eyes, burning my throat.

"Why?" I finally ask, my voice hoarse from crying.

"Mona." Is all she says, and I know.

"I should've been there to protect you." I choke out.

"What did she do?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"She called me horrible names, said horrible things to me, mocked me, pushed me, kicked me, tripped me." She says, crying.

"Ali..." I whisper, and hug her.

I take her into the bathroom, and I help her wash off all of her cuts.

After I finish cleaning her wrist, I lay her down in her bed.

I can't tell her what I wanted to now. Not with the state she's in.

[...]

EMILY POV:
"I am so done with Mona's bullshit." I say to Aria, Hanna, and Spencer between gritted teeth, walking fast into the school.

"I'm going to kick her ass." Hanna states, just as angry.

I told about what happened with Ali, and they were pissed. I'm glad Ali has us. People that care about her.

"Alison's family could sue hers." Spencer says. Her parents are lawyers.

I see Mona at her locker getting her books out for biology.

"Hey, Mona!" I yell, and she turns her head towards me.

"Yes, Fields?" She asks.

"Leave Ali alone." I'm trying to stay nice.

"Or what?"

"You don't want to know."

"It's freedom of speech." She says.

"Not bullying. You're hurting her." I say, angry at her comment.

"Boo hoo." She says, and tries to walk off, but I grab her arm.

"You're hurting her for your one amusement. Why? Because you're jealous? People like her because she's nice. She doesn't see a new student as a new victim, she sees them as a potential friend. You see a new student, and your first instinct is to torment them. To bully them. They're your new toy to play with. WHY?! BECAUSE IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF? What does bullying say about you?! That you're a bitch? Because you are!" I yell, enraged and fuming.

"Oh, shut up, Fields. You protect her because you like her. You have a lesbian crush on her, right?" And that's all it takes for me to punch her square in the side of the face.

I shake my hand as pain runs through it from the impact. "Owwww!" I yell out, clutching it with my other hand.

"Damn!" I hear a few students yell.

"BITCH!" I yell at Mona, and I walk away quickly as I see Mr. Hackett.

I go to the library to clear my head.

I walk in, and apparently I'm not the only one here. I can hear someone, a girl, giggling.

I go over and see Alison on the floor with a book in her lap.

"What's so funny?" I ask, smiling.

"Their names. Pip, Mr. Wobsle, Uncle Pumblechook. They all sound like stuffed animals." She ends in the most adorable smile.

"I can't believe you already finished it."

"Want me to tell you what happens? I can make you a heat sheet." She says smiling, showing her dimples. I look at her and let out a breathy laugh.

"You know, you should really let me braid your hair sometime." She says, flipping my long, curly brown hair.

"Dickens is big on happy endings, by the way." She states, turning back to the book.

"Pip gets Estelle in the end..." She pauses. She looks at page for a few seconds before continuing. She looks back up at me with hopeful eyes. "Can I read you something?" She asks me, and I nod my head yes.

"I loved her against reason, against promise. Against peace. Against hope, against happiness," she says, and looks me in he eyes, "Against all discouragement that could be." She ends, still looking into my eyes.

She smiles at me.

"Did you get to that part yet?" She questions.

I kid my head yes, while looking into her blue orbs.

Fuck. I can't take it anymore.

I lean in and kiss her.

When I pull away, it seemed like she didn't want it to end. She looked disappointed when I pulled away.

"Alison..." I trail off.

She looks at me with concern in her eyes.

"I have to tell you something." I trail off again. She shifts so she comfortable.

"I feel like I've known you my whole life. Not just a week. We know practically everything about each other. But there's something I've been hiding. Not even the other girls know." I say. She looks at me, telling me to go on.

"I'm gay." I whisper.

It feels good saying that out-loud. Like a huge million pound weight has been lifted off my my shoulders.

"I'm gay." I repeat, louder and more clearly this time.

"And I like you, Alison."

Enjoy.
I'm going to bed now.
I am sleepy!

I'll actually probably be up for like another 30 minutes just thinking.

Ideas. Ideas.

6%?!?! 😰