Chapter 39: Beach Trip

Emily POV:
We all head over to the beach, and I hand Hanna her bikini, and Ashton's swimming trucks.

We all run into the water, and Aria and Spencer immediately disappear.

I swim out with Bryn in my arms, and Hanna is still holding Ashton.

"Where'd Spencer and Aria go?" Hanna asks.

I look down at the somewhat clear water, and see a shadowy figure swimming against the ocean floor.

"What the hell is that?" Alison asks, pointing at the figure.
Which looks like a shark.

I look more closely at it, and realize what it is, and I roll my lips in my mouth to try to suppress my giggle.

Just then, Aria jumps out of the water and lunges toward Hanna.

"Ahhh!" Hanna screams, and Ashton slips out of her arms.

Alison quickly grabs him, and slaps Hanna in the back of the head.

"What the hell, Han?!" Alison yells at her.

"Ow! Sorry! I thought it was a shark, or a whale or something." Hanna defends herself.

"A whale, Han? Really? Aria is tiny." I say with a small chuckle.

"And you were willing to let go of my son in the fucking ocean because you thought there was a shark?" Alison asks angrily.

"It was an accident! Aria scared me half to death!"

"You're about to be dead!" Alison shouts.

"You know...I'm offended. You thought I was a whale." Aria says out of nowhere.

"Shut up, Aria!" Alison practically growls at the small brunette.

"Alison, she really didn't even drop him. He was still clinging to her top, and he didn't even go in the water." I say, trying to calm her down.

"So, you're okay with this?" She asks me.

"That's not what I'm saying." I claim.

"Then what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that you need to calm down." I sass.

"I'm sorry I don't want my son to drown."

"Our."

"What?"

"Our son." I mutter. "And he didn't drown! And he wasn't going to!" I speak, raising my voice.

"The sass is real." I hear Spencer whisper to Aria and Hanna.

"You're telling me." Hanna whispers back.

"I would've expected that from Han, Spence." Aria says.

"You three suck at whispering." I tell them with a small giggle.

"Emily, why are you laughing?!" Alison yells at me, obviously mad.

"Because, Alison, Ashton is fine, and these three are complete idiots." I say, pointing behind me with my thumb over my shoulder.

"Whatever..." She mumbles, and gets out of the water with Ashton in her arms.

"But he wants to swim!" Hanna shouts to Alison.

"I'm done swimming, and so is Ashton!" Alison yells.

"We need to go shopping anyways." I say, and start swimming towards the beach with Bryn clinging onto me.

[...]

Spencer POV:
"Alright...We need chips, dip, fruit, sandwich stuff, and...Soap." I say, reading off the grocery list.

Emily puts the twins in the cart, and then Alison climbs in the basket of the cart.

"This is how you shop?" Hanna asks them with a raised eyebrow.

"Yep!" Emily responds, popping the 'P' at the end.

Aria purses her lips and and puffs out her cheeks with her tongue (A/N do you know what I mean?) and raises one eyebrow before turning to Hanna.

"Let's do it, Han!" She shouts, and Hanna jumps into a cart.

Aria grabs it, and starts pushing Hanna through the store.

"Oh, my god." I whisper and roll my eyes. "I have to deal with these people today?"

Alison takes off with the cart, Emily reading the list she wrote out to her.

"Pineapples!" She shouts, and Alison takes off.

"Lord help me..." I whisper, and follow the duo.

"We need pancake mix!" I hear Hanna shout from a few aisles over.

We all write our own lists. Hanna's is mostly chips, soft drinks, and candy. (A/N Me. 😂)

I grab everything I need, and put it in a hand held basket. After I get everything, I transfer it to Alison an Emily's cart.

"Who're Spencer's favorites babies?! You are! Yes you are!" I say to the twins in a baby voice and their giggles echo in the aisle.

"Awe!" I hear a child's voice say.

I turn around and see a blonde hair, big blue eyed little girl.

"Mama, look! I want a baby sissy!" She says. "And bwother!"

I smile and take Bryn and Ashton from the cart.

"This is Bryn." I say to the girl as I squat down to her level. Which is hard because she's like 3, so she's probably 3 feet tall, and I'm 5'7" or so. And I'm holding two babies.

"Awe! Look mama! She has blue eyes! Like mine!"

I giggle, and then motion to Ashton. "And this is Ashton."

She smiles and Ashton giggles.

"Coming through!" I hear Aria yell.

Her and Hanna zoom past the aisle, Aria in Hanna's back and Hanna pushing the cart.

"And that's Aria and Hanna." I sigh, and the girls mom laughs.

"I had friends like that. Never lose them." She says, and grabs her daughters hand as they walk off.

"I don't plan on it." I whisper, and turns back towards Emily and Alison.

I smile a genuine, content, happy smile to myself, and put the twins back in the cart.

"Hurry up! I want to swim again." Aria shouts.

I turn around, and Hanna is on Aria's back this time.

I never plan on losing these girls.

If only I knew...

The idea is going to have to be in the next chapter. 😢😘