Chapter 41: Crash and Burn

Emily POV:
"Emily!" I hear Alison scream before the water consumes both her and me. Along with the twins.

I thrash around in my seat as memories of when Alison was in a crash last year flash through my mind.

I rip my seatbelt off of my body, and swim to the backseat of the car.

I unstrap them from their car seats, and cover their mouths and noses to try to prevent them from drowning.

I kick the window and pain shoots through it, but I continue kicking it.

It breaks, and the glass shatters, and sinks to the floor of the river.

I climb out of the car, and swim over to the land and lay the twins down and pump their chest to try to get them to breathe normally.

"ALISON!" I scream in horror as I continue to try and get all of the water from the babies system out.

A random bystander runs down to the river and calls for help.

"My fiancé! I have to get her out!" I cry as a paramedic puts masks on the twins to give them oxygen.

I look back, and the car is sinking faster in the river.

I stand up, and run over to the river and dive in.

I swim to the car, and climb in through the same winks was before.

Alison is strapped to the seat, lifeless, her head bobbing around from the pressure of the water.

I suck in a bunch of water as I gasp and go over to her.

I grab her, and attempt to get her out before everything goes black...

[...]

Spencer POV:
"Can you tell me your name?" The paramedic asks.

"It's...Spence-Spencer." I breath as I gasp to catch my breath.

"Alright, Spencer. You're going to be okay." He says, and his voice echoes in my head.

"Where..." I swallow, and look around. "Where are...My friends?" I ask in a whisper.

"There was only you and another brunette in the car..?" He tells me confused.

"Hanna! Where's Hanna?!" I yell as I quickly stand up and almost lose my balance.

"Hanna?" He questions with his eyebrows furrowed.

"She was sleeping in the back. She's blonde." I say as tears fall down my cheeks.

"Okay. We'll look for her. But we need to get you to a hospital." He says to me.

"Okay." I whisper.

Hanna POV:
"Spencer! Aria!" I yell at the top of my lungs. "Where are you?!" I cry out, my voice hoarse and my throat burning.

I'm covered in blood, and I can feel it dripping down my face.

"HELP! SOMEBODY!" I scream with all I've got.

I put my left hand down on the ground and scream out in pain.

I lift my hand up and turn it over and there's a hugs gash on it across my palm, and a burn covering the left side.

Tears fall down my cheeks, and my breathing increases.

"PLEASE! HELP!" I scream as I start feeling dizzy.

I try to stand up, and that's all it takes for my body to give out.

I fall to the ground and everything goes black.

Aria POV:
"Aria, look at me. I need to to look at me." I hear a voice say. "Aria, stay with me. You were just fine a minute ago."

"Where's...Where's Spencer?" I whisper as I hold my hand up to block out the bright light. "And Hanna?" I add. "Where's..." I cough and pain shoots through me. "Ahh!" I scream as I hold my side. "Where's Alison? And Emily?" I pause again to catch my breath. "Where are the twins?"

"Aria, there was only one other person with you. It was Spencer. Who's Hanna?" The paramedic asks me.

"She's...She's my f-friend. She was...sleeping in...the-the back." I stutter and swallow.

"Alright. We'll look for her. Who's Alison and Emily?"

"My other f-friends."

"Okay. Somebody get me some morphine!" He yells.

Emily POV:
"Stay with me!" I hear a voice shout. "You're going to be okay!"

I cough and choke when I try to speak.

"We need to get her to a hospital! NOW!" Another voice yells.

"Where's Alison?" I ask in a whisper.

"You were crazy to go back in there." He says to me. "But you saved your friend." He adds with a small closed-mouth smile.

"My fiancé." I correct with a small happy smile before I close my eyes.