Chapter 21: Emily

Emily POV:
I had to. I had to talk to her.

Tell her the truth.

Why...Why she had broken her heart.

I had made it back to my car when it started raining. Drenching me.

I got to my car and quickly jumped in as the raindrops pelted my body, like needles going into my skin.

I couldn't go back to school like this...But I had to.

I drove fast to the school, I had to fix my mistake.

When I got there, I stepped out of my car and started walking towards the school, when I saw them...Alison and him...

Suddenly, I couldn't breathe.

I was suffocating...

My heart thudded fast and loud in my chest, ringing loud in my ears.

I felt the tears brimming in my eyes before I turned and ran fast back to my car.

I couldn't do this...I can't...

I have to...

No...I can't.

Alison POV:
I was walking Kyle out of the school when I saw Emily. I was going to talk to her, but she ran...

I quickly called the girls, and they all ran outside the school.

"What happened?!" Hanna asks in a panic.

"Emily...She was here, but when she saw me, she ran." I tell the girls.

"This is all my fault. I ruin EVERYTHING!" Kyle yells.

"Umm...I'll drive him home, you 3 find Emily!" Spencer orders.

"Okay." Hanna, Aria and me say in unison.

We climb in my car, and drive to Emily's house first.

"Emily? Are you here?" Aria calls out, her voice echoing through the halls.

No answer...

"Emily! It's Hanna!"

No answer...

"She's not here!" I say hysterically.

"Maybe she's at The Brew?" Aria asks.

---
Spencer POV:
"We're here." I say to the boy, Kyle.

"Thank you..." He whispers.

"Hey, this isn't your fault. Emily just...She's fragile. She's like a glass with cracks already in it. You have to be careful with her. There are...Some things she hasn't told anyone. Things only I know. This isn't your doing." I assure the blonde boy.

"Just...Let me know when you find her. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself knowing she's hurt because of my stupid mistake."

"It wasn't you. It's...It's complicated." I say to him, barely managing to get the words out.

---
Aria POV:
"It's going to start raining soon, and we can't find Emily anywhere!" Alison cries.

She really does love her. You'd be stupid to say she doesn't...

"She's going to be fine. Emily will be just fine." Hanna whispers, bringing the taller blonde into her arms.

"...Maybe we could wait at Emily's house?" I suggest.

"...Y-Yeah. That would be g-good." Alison stutters, her glossy bright blue eyes looking into my hazel ones.

She is a mess...