Chapter 42: Déjà Vu

Emily POV:
The paramedics roll me up the hill on the gurney, and I turn my head to see Spencer's car smashed into the bridge on its side, completely destroyed like that Subaru commercial, and one of the doors in the middle of the road.

Glass is shattered all across the road from the multiple vehicles.

There are 5 cars front to back smashed against each other, and the car that crashed into Spencer is missing the front bumper, and the windshield is pushed in, along with the drivers side door. It's also smashed against the bridge. It's hard to believe anyone survived this.

Alison and my car is sitting on the grass by the river hooked up to a tow truck, and Alison and Ashton's side is smashed in so much, it's hard for me to breath. It's amazing they survived that...Alison did.

"My baby! Where are my babies?!" I scream and begin to thrash around, trying to get up.

"Hey, hey, hey! Calm down! They're okay! They're at the hospital with your friends."

"They are?" I ask out of breath.

"Yeah. You saved them. And your fiancé. You're a hero." He tells me with a genuine smile.

*4 hours later*

Emily POV:
I wake up to people speaking. Quietly. Like they don't want me to hear what they're saying.

"What about Hanna?" I hear a male voice ask. I don't hear a response, but I hear the same person sigh. "Okay." He whispers.

"But the rest are okay? Have you checked on the babies?" He asks.

"Aria has a few broken ribs, Spencer has minor head injuries and a broken arm. Alison will need to be monitored for a while and all of them are having prescriptions written as we speak." A female voice says.

What about Hanna? What happened to my friend?

"Check on the babies, and find me when you're done." The male mumbles and takes in a deep breath. "I can't believe they survived this..." He whispers in pure shock.

I purse my lips and tightly close my eyes as tears cloudy vision.

"Goodnight, love." I whisper, and close my eyes as I cry.

Alison POV:
I lay in the hospital bed, picking at the lose strings of the sheets.

"Everything is okay...Everything is okay.." I whisper over and over gain.

(A/N Listening to Coffee and Cigarettes. "In hopes that Saturday will be the day when everything feels okay." Is the line that he sang when I wrote that. Isn't that weird?! Because it's Friday on the story right now.)

I start crying when I think about last year in this same hospital.

I press the nurse button, and a last comes running in.

"Does Stefan Salvatore still work here?" I ask

Spencer POV:
"Excuse me, sir!" I yell to a nurse outside my hospital room.

"Yes?" He asks as he walks into the room.

"Can you tell me anything, anything on Hanna?" I plead.

"Okay..." He whispers, and takes in a deep breath. "Hanna was thrown from the vehicle when it was flipping and the door fell off. You were moving pretty far from the impact of the drunk driver, and she landed somewhere near the trees. She had a gash in her head and in her left hand, and she was losing blood pretty quickly. It looks like she tried to stand up, and she ended up falling and hitting her head causing her to black out. Now, she did already have major head injuries, and she was using all of her energy on yelling for help and tying to stand. She-"

"Just tell me what happened to her!" I scream as tears stream down my face.

"Hanna is in a coma."

---

Emily POV:
"What?" I whisper out as Spencer tells me what happened to Hanna.

"She was hurt the worst out of all of us." She says.

Alison is sitting in her wheelchair on my right side crying, Aria is at the foot of the bed in her wheelchair staring at the wall crying, and Spencer is in her wheelchair on my left side trying to hold in her tears.

"I can't do this again!" I cry.

"I hate this place! That was the same river Alison crashed into last year, and she almost died again! All of us almost died!" I wail.

"I can't do this anymore. I have to leave Rosewood." I whisper.