Chapter 53: Dancer in Rosewood

The next day

Emily POV:
"Babe, I'm going to the old dance studio I used to go to. Wanna come?" I ask her.

"Of course I want to come." She replies with a smirk.

We arrive at the dance studio, and I change into my dance outfit.

Alison is sitting on the bench with her earbuds in, and texting someone.

While I'm dancing I hear the door open and close, and turn around quickly as an instinct.

I see a girl standing there just as surprised as I am.

"Um, hi. I'm Lexie." She says.

"Emily." I say out of breath.

"Are you new here? Because I've never seen you before." She asks confused as she sets her stuff down.

"Um, no. I used to go here when I was in high school." I tell her.

Alison is completely oblivious to the situation going on right now. She's too focused on her music, phone, and magazine.

"Actually...I think I know you." The girl, Lexie, says after a few seconds of silence. "Emily Fields, star NBA player, state swimmer, and dancer." She says with a smile.

"Yep, that's me." I sat, stretching my arms out in a "take it all in" way.

"Wow. My sister loves you!" She laughs.

"I know this is weird, but could I-"

"Get a picture and photo." I cut her off and chuckle.

"Yeah." She breathes, and also laughs.

"So, how old are you? And your sister? And who should I make it out to?" I ask.

"I'm nineteen, my sister is thirteen, and my brother is fifteen." She tells me. "And her name is Lucy."

I write,

Lucy, keep moving forward and achieve your dreams. Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-Emily C. Fields

"Thank you! Could I also get one for my brother? I'm sorry if I'm asking too much." She says.

"It's fine." I laugh, and hold my arm out in an understanding way.

"What's your brothers name?" I ask.

"Lucas."

I write,

Lucas, believe in yourself and you'll go far. Everyday is a second chance. Don't give up, just start over. Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
-Emily C. Fields

"Thank you! They'll probably be mad I met you and they didn't, but they'll get over it." She says with a smile.

"Hey, I'll be here all week. I'll be at The Brew tomorrow at nine in the morning." I reassure her.

"That's great!" She exclaims.

"Well, I have to get home to my kiddos. See you later." I say.

"Alison, babe. We're leaving." I say after I pull the earbuds out of her ears.

"Who's this?" She asks, referring to Lexie.

"Oh, my god!" I whisper, amazed at how oblivious and delusional my wife is.

"That's Lexie. Now let's go." I say.

"Bye, Lexie!" I say as I wave at her.

"Bye, Emily!" She says and waves back.