18. Watch The Colors Change

DEAN'S POV  

(May 23rd, 1997)

I was waiting downstairs for Arden and once again I was stuck in a suit. A few weeks ago Arden asked me to go to prom with her. Something I never thought I'd be doing. I'm not going to lie, I didn't want to go, but how could I resist her?

She made one of those overly large signs and it was Queen themed, the band, not her. With the use of Queen songs, It said "You're My Best Friend so Don't Stop Me Now. I hope you don't feel Under Pressure, but I Need Somebody To Love at Prom. Will you be this Killer Queen's Good Old Fashion Lover Boy?" 

It was just too cute for me to turn down and If I did, I would probably be without a girlfriend. Sadly Sam saw the whole thing and had been teasing me endlessly. The things I do for that woman.

Twenty minutes later both me and Bobby were waiting impatiently

Twenty minutes later both me and Bobby were waiting impatiently. Bobby had a camera with him, wanting to take pictures of us. Great. I internally rolled my eyes. Bobby never struck me as the proud parent type, but if you knew Arden you couldn't help but be proud of her. Varsity captain of both women's volleyball and swimming. And a varsity player on the boy's baseball team. She had perfect grades and would be attending Harvard in the fall. Hell, I'm proud of her.

She finally came downstairs and my jaw dropped. Arden doesn't normally wear dresses, but when she does she steals the show. She had on this black sleeveless dress that formed a v-line on her neck. Her dark waves hung loosely and wore just the right amount of makeup. She was way out of my league, but for some reason, she chose to be with me.

 She was way out of my league, but for some reason, she chose to be with me

"Hello Your Majesty, you look beautiful," I said with a mock bow.

"Flattery will get you everywhere," she laughed, flashing me a wink.

"Okay you two, hold still while I get a photo of ya," Bobby said, wrangling us together.

"Really Bobby?" I asked.

Arden was laughing at her godfather. Her arms wrapped around my middle and she nuzzled into my side. I wrapped my arm around her and we posed for the picture. When the picture was taken Arden started pulling me out the door giving Bobby a fleeting goodbye.