14. Bow Down To The Queen

ARDEN'S POV

(October 28th, 1995)

(Arden Age 17, Dean Age 16, Sam Age 12)

You've got to be kidding me. He had to be joking. There was no way he was doing this now.

"You're kidding right?!" I asked in sheer disbelief. This had to be a joke.

"Can you keep it down? Or do you want the whole school to hear you?" He asked, gesturing to the hallway full of people.

"Are you going to answer my questions!? What the hell Elijah?!" I grabbed my AP Chemistry textbook and slammed my locker. "How did you think I was going to react!?"

"Please don't yell." He said quietly. "I don't like it when we yell."

He shuffled his feet, like a five-year-old being scolded by his mom. Normally I would have been calm and tried to reassure him, but I was too pissed off to be the caring girlfriend. Or I guess I should say, soon-to-be ex-girlfriend.

"Unbelievable." I shook my head, taking a few steps away from him. "You had months to tell me you were moving and you decide to tell me the day before homecoming."

"I've been trying to find a way to stay. Convince my parents to let me stay here, but— I know it's not ideal—"

"Not ideal?!" I snapped trying not to yell but horribly failing. A few kids looked at us weirdly, but I didn't care. I was pissed off. "Elijah, we've been dating for two years and you're breaking up with me the day before homecoming."

"I'm not breaking up with you." He pleaded, looking like a kicked puppy.

"Then why did you wait till the last minute? You're leaving tomorrow!" There was no way this was going to end well. It hurts because I was going to miss him. If he had told me months ago we could've found a way to make our relationship work, but tomorrow wasn't enough time to figure out a long-distance relationship. Add the fact that we were still in high school. As much as I hated to admit defeat, I didn't see a way through this.

I took a breath trying to calm myself down. "You're moving to Maryland. We still have the rest of junior and senior year to get through. That's eighteen months until we graduate. Then there's college and I don't even know if I want to go to college,... but I know you do."

"Do you want to break up?" He asked sadly. His eyes were starting to glisten with unshed tears.

"No,... but It might be for the best," I answered. My emotions were all over the place. I was so angry moments ago, but now I felt like I was going to cry. I was losing Elijah. "I care about you, Elijah. But wouldn't you rather end this on somewhat good terms than have it end with us angry and hating each other? There's a reason that long-distance relationships rarely work out, especially when we're young."

He slowly nodded and I was glad he understood. I leaned in and gave him one last kiss. His arms instinctively wrapped around me. "I'm going to miss you. I never wanted any of this to happen." His breath shuttered, trying to hold his tears at bay and he wasn't the only one.

I felt us drawing attention, but that didn't matter now. It's funny how moments ago I was ready to tear his head off, but now I was comforting him, running my hands through his hair like I did every time he was upset. It must have been his puppy eyes.

"Well, there goes my chances at winning homecoming queen. Can't be the queen without my king beside me," I said with a sad chuckle. He chuckled too.

"Well, we both know you don't need a king for you to become a tyrant." We shared a laugh, but it was bittersweet. "You're beautiful Arden. You could probably find another date to take you to homecoming. Just know that I'm still your friend and I'll be there if you ever need me...Goodbye, Arden." He pecked me on the cheek and left down the hall.

Love Can Be Magic (Dean Winchester x OC)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara