29.McQueen Without Minty (Part 1)

Season 1 Episode 1: Pilot

SAM'S POV 

(October 31st, 2005)

To say things were a tense would be an understatement. I haven't seen Dean since I left for school, and to make it worse, my phone's been ringing almost nonstop. Glancing at the caller ID, I immediately silenced it. 

Damn it. Jess must have called her after I left with Dean. After the fifth call, I decided to turn off my phone. Dean looked from me to the phone, then back to me, a smirk forming on his face.

"You sly dog," Dean chuckled. "Whoever she is you're breaking her heart."

I sputtered in response. "Dean, I have a girlfriend!"

"Don't tell that to the girl who's been calling you. Girls like that get majorly jealous. Super psycho...They are fun though."

"I'm not cheating on Jess!" I firmly stated.

"Jeez fine, defensive,"

I rolled my eyes, and we continued our way to Jericho. After almost four hours of driving, we stopped at a gas station. Dean went inside to grab something to eat while I decided to turn on my phone and check my messages.

From Queenie: What's going on? Jess called and said u left w/ Dean!? Call me

From Queenie: Y aren't u answering your phone? CALL ME!

From Queenie: Please call me or text me

From Queenie: Seriously Sam I'm getting concerned

From Queenie: SAMUEL WILLIAM WINCHESTER ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!!!

From Jess<3: Sam please answer your phone. Arden is starting 2 scare me.

From Queenie: I have officially changed your contact name 2 Dead Man. Take that how u will.

43+ unread messages from Queenie

I'm dead.

I stashed my phone away and noticed the box of cassette tapes. Oh, come on Dean really? Cassettes? I began looking through his collection when Dean walked out, arms loaded with junk food.

"Hey, You want breakfast?" He asked.

I grimaced at the Food he had in his hand. "No, thanks. So how'd you pay for that stuff? You and Dad still running credit card scams?"

"Yeah, well, hunting ain't exactly a pro ball career. Besides, all we do is apply. It's not our fault they send us the cards."

I scoffed. "Yeah, and what names did you write on the application this time?"

"Uh... Bert Aframian and his son, Hector." He replied as he settled into the car. "Scored two cards out of the deal."

I nodded" Sounds about right." My eyes shifted back to his collection of cassette tapes. "I swear, man, you got to update your cassette tape collection."

"Why?" He asked, genuinely confused.

"Well, for one, they're cassette tapes, and two...Black Sabbath, Motorhead, Metallica?" I grabbed an ACDC tape, and he ripped it out of my hand. "It's the greatest hits of mullet rock."

Dean pushed the tape in. "House rules, Sammy. Driver picks the music; shotgun shuts his cakehole." He started the engine and turned up the volume as Back in Black erupted from the speakers.