I heard Mark growl as I heard a few punches being thrown .

" Scarlet ?  Scarlet !  are you ok ? "- I heard what I was assuming Beatrice's voice as she laid me on her lap .

" Oh my goodness , you are bleeding "- she said as I heard her request for tissues and later feeling a painful sting on my head .

I heard her scream as I saw Madeline grab her by her hair .

" Don't you dare help that lunatic ! "- she commanded as she pushed Beatrice making a loud thud noise being heard throughout the Cafeteria .

I managed to clear my vision as I saw Kelvin and Jared trying to get Mark off Sammuel .

Madeline left Beatrice alone as he ineffectively started to hit Mark's back .

Maya tried to push her away but she scratched her hand making her yell in pain .

Jared left Mark as he left to tend to Maya .

No one messes with my friends like that .

I managed to stand on my feet as I dragged Madeline away and gave her two slaps on the cheek with a slight reward of a twisted arm ending with a hard push to the ground .

" Mark ? "- I whispered as I pulled him away and finally fainting on top of him as we both landed on the floor with me being the only unconscious one . Darkness ; my old friend .

An hour and a half later .

" She's awake ! "- I heard the recognisable voice of Beatrice yell .

I cautiously opened my eyes as I looked around my surroundings .
Why is there white everywhere .

" Where am I ? "- I asked while Maya helped me sit up .

" We are in the school hospital , "- Kelvin answered . We all had various injuries on our bodies all because of Sammuel and Madeline not finding another seat .

" I can't believe Mark and Scarlet got us into a fight on the first day ! "- Kelvin joked ; leaving a chorus of laughs in the hospital room .

" It's not our fault , they asked for it ! "- Mark said in between laughs .

" I agree with him , " - I joined in on our defense .

" Our parents are going to kill us if they see these bandages , "- Jared remarked with a face full of horror .

" Don't worry , I'll take the blame ."- I said with a sad smile on my face.

The nurse later arrived as she gave us the good news of us still being normal teenagers with our vitals in check .

We continued to laugh as we left but only for the laughter to be seized by the red cheek Madeline throwing us nasty looks along with Sammuel as we passed by the principal's office . I'm sure if it wasn't for teachers arriving , they would have continued fighting with us .

We bid farewells and went to our various classes.

* Time for literature *.

I was seated as Beatrice later sat beside me with a warm smile .

I smiled back then paid attention to the teacher as she walked in .

" Ok ,let's open our books to page 1 of the lion and the Jewel "- the teacher instructed as he watched each of us bring out our books .

I checked my back pack and found no such book in my bag . I slumped down to think of a believable excuse .

I felt a tap on my shoulder and i turned to see Beatrice .