Chapter 83- Midnight Rendezvous

Leticia Ray's

11:50, and it's already time for the buffet. The lights are blinking no more, and there's only faint mellow music in the background. My hand on my brother's, he leads me towards the fancifully decorated tables topped with delicacies.

"Hmmm? I was just in time, aye?" Louis commented.

"How did the talk with Madeline went?" I asked as Louis picked out plates for the two of us. Louis simply hums, not even glancing my way.

"Oh, it was fine. Don't worry. I already apologized, and she understood." Louis said as I took the eating utensils for both of us.

"I should apologize as well," I muttered with a frown as I follow through the line.

"Of course, baby. But not now, okay?" Louis pauses to look over me and offer an affectionate smile before getting us servings. "Is this enough for you, Leticia?" I nod. "Let's go then."

"I-I'll just gets us some drinks," I whispered and hurriedly went to the other table.

Big brother said not to worry, but something inside of me feels like something is bound to happen one way or another. Not sure what it is yet, though.

I hurriedly return to our table, and sure thing, Louis is just waiting for me to sit back beside him. The table is once again crowded as everyone fills their stomachs.

"You took too long." Louis pouts, resting his hand over my thigh automatically.

I smile weakly as I tuck my chair under the table and near Louis'. "I've gotten in trouble searching for our table," I reply, handing him the spoon and fork. "Are you that hungry?"

"You bet I am." Louis' eyes twinkle a little, taking the utensils from me. He leaned in a bit closer. "Hungry for you, doll." He groans, squeezing me a bit through my dress. I almost yelped in surprise. Almost. Louis pulled away, chuckling before licking his lips slowly to begin eating.

"You go again and bother your sister, Louis. The poor girl looked so flustered."

"What did Louis told you, Leticia? Sharing is caring, you know."

"Oi oi. Mind your business, you guys. Stop trying to make Leticia notice you." Louis laughs, playing along through the light banters.

"You're like a possessive boyfriend. Boooo."

"In my defense, I know all of you through the bones. No way am I going to let one of you date my little sister." He laughs before chewing on his food.

"I could definitely see your point. It's not like I would too." Another one of Louis' friends laughs as their conversation started drifting from one topic to another.

I smile to myself as I just continue to eat my food, listening to whatever the hell they were talking about. It's not like I'm interested in others, other than Louis. No one would top him for me.

After I finished my meal, I made sure to glance at my phone as I sip my water. 12:19. Midnight, huh?

"Is there something the matter, princess?"

I shook my head, showing a small smile to Louis. "Nothing. I've just finished eating is all."

"I thought you were sleepy already. That's very much unlike you. Anyway, would you care for a dance?" Louis asks, standing up as he sticks his hand in front of me.

"A dance again?" I asked.

"It's vital we dance right now, but in a more private area. Would you do me the honor, princess?" Louis repeated his question. My face quickly lit up upon hearing the word 'private'. I don't have it in me to hide it.