Chapter 70 - I'm yours, Leticia Ray

Leticia Ray's

"Why is everyone outside?" I asked out, my eyes narrowing at Niall. Louis and I took a few more steps closer to see what is exactly happening. Only to have a glimpse of Niall taking out a mini microphone and hear him clear his throat over it. It must've been a cue of some sort since the colorful string of lights suddenly lit up out of nowhere. It was so pretty and into my liking that I didn't notice even notice Louis letting go of me.

I admired the twinkling lights until the guitar was strung. My eyes flickered back to Niall, slightly having an idea of what this is as soon as his tantalizing eyes have caught me. No, it can't be what I think it is. I noticed him briefly taking a deep breath before the song verse was sung.

Well you done done me and you bet I felt it

I tried to chill but you're so hot that I melted

I fell right through the cracks

And now I'm trying to get back

His eyes were on me as my eyes were on his. What the hell is this for? The ball? It can't be. And right in front of Louis?

If ever, this is a dream come true for every girl in school. A promposal like this is so massive. I could see our neighbors and people passing by to slowly pile in to watch. What should I so? I don't want this to get out of hand.

Before the cool done run out

I'll be giving it my best-est

And nothing's gonna stop me but divine intervention

I reckon it's again my turn

To win some or learn some

No, no. I started to panic a little. The chorus is about to come, and Niall is taking sweet small steps to come my way. I look to the side and realize that my brother magically vanished. I clasp my hand over my mouth as I scan the place for Louis. I do not know what to do. "Gosh, he's coming close..." I whisper to myself.

Either way, I did nothing but stand there awkwardly, in the middle of this chaos. Oh, Nialler. Why do you have to put so much effort into someone like me?

But I won't hesitate

My whole well-being tensed when I felt his hand grab mine. He kisses the back of it, his eyes not leaving me even for a split second. To make things worse, my heart won't stop beating faster. I couldn't hold out any longer as I started sweating.

No more

Shocked? Confused? Nervous? Bewildered? Mixed emotions run through my veins as of this moment, but I still try to put out a smile for him.

No more

I mean he did put out so much effort into this. He shouldn't have, but he did. I gulped as he forcefully connected our gaze together. I subtly tried to look away, but those ocean blue eyes are more than just eyes- they're magnets to lure you in.

It cannot wait, I'm yours

And that was it, the breathy climax. The whole audience roared as their heart shook, including mine. How could I falter like this?

Niall winks at me, forcing me to make a twirl. I do not really want to but the least I could do is to play along as a sign of gratitude. Not to mention the fact that I was put on the spot. I tried to cooperate at least. If only gazed could melt, though, I could've been a fucking dried marshmallow right now.

And then the second verse brushes through us. I now realized that mum and Richard are happily here too. They might be in this plan as well. Mum is probably the one who squealed upon seeing me and my brother from earlier.