Chapter 80- Meet Thy Comrades

Leticia Ray's

It was just a short ride to school but when we arrive, the lamps are already well-lit. I stepped outside and it's now colder and much more appealing to me. Louis grabbed me close to him as he made sure the car is locked up. We owe Richard for lending us his car. I hope his night would turn up great and fancy as ours. He started out right, though, bringing my mum a stemmed bloodlust red rose.

"Okay. All good. Let's go." Louis smiles over at me as we link our arms. My Louis surely looks like a goddamn hot prince charming. I could have him in my dreams every night.

Meanwhile, Niall walks ahead of us, and I don't have it in me to call out for him. As for Louis, I just know that he couldn't care less. He is my supposed date but everything that happened, happened. Louis and I took our time, though. It's not like I'm looking forward to anything else, besides spending the night with him. It's like a perfect date night, finally being held out of the house.

In front of the great auditorium, I could already hear the mysterious yet enchanting background music. Not to mention the magnificent decor outside. What more from the inside? I'm suddenly rushing out of excitement; it certainly tapped my interest as paper mâché of different flowers surrounds the entrance.

The door is closed, and very much resembles the door Alice entered that would eventually lead her to wonderland. Then, on the other side, just before you could enter, there's a vintage metal table holds a couple of treats. Each one has a scribbled written handwriting, 'Eat Me'.

I couldn't help but giggle. The details are truly just remarkable, and we have not entered the venue yet.

On the other hand, with furrowed brows and curious eyes, Louis picked a candy. He is clearly not aware of what are those. "Don't mind if I do." He said out loud, popping the sweet inside of his mouth.

I decided to play him. "O-oh, no! Don't!" I exclaimed dramatically with a loud gasp. I needed to make it as exaggerated as possible, so I could influence his emotions into believing.

Louis flinches a bit in surprise, gulping the candy whole out of the spur of the moment. He looks like a baby boy caught doing something redhandedly. "W-what? What's the matter? You like that flavor? I could assure you that there would be another one or two of that things here." Louis said, his eyes quickly turning over to the tray of candies.

I chuckle. He has clearly no idea about the film. "You're supposed to either grow big or-"

"Oh, gimme a break. I'm big." Louis said with a frown. I pouted in confusion.

"I'm talking about the candy," I said, tilting my head to the side. "In Alice in Wonderland, there are candies in which Alice ate. It either made her big or small. It doesn't relate to you being a small bean, big brother." I chuckle, taking one of the candies for later.

"Oh, shush. You're small too, Leticia. Let's get in." Louis dismisses, which only made me giggle. Louis held the door for me before he insisted to hook myself back to his arm. I very much obliged. It's not like anyone would get a funny idea and call us off. It'll just be simply classified as a gentleman gesture for his date. At last, we'll be able to loosen up and relax without worrying too much about what the society will think of us.

All these thoughts were soon thrown behind when we passed through a couple of curtains and were welcomed with a dazzling view. It took my breath away. The colorful lights dance just as wild for our eyes. Not to mention the decorations that are just so right for the theme.

"Am I in Wonderland?" I murmured in pure amazement. The boring auditorium was turned into a fun and dazzling wonder. Everything looks fascinating that my eyes do not even know where to start.