Chapter 75- Sweetie

Leticia Ray's

It was just like then in our backyard, but this time Louis was the one on top and throwing those punches. Mum tried to break them apart. It'll be bad for Niall since the ball is just a day after tomorrow. But then, won't it be bad for me as well? He ruined my dress.

Maybe this is a sign for me not to go. I could just wait for my big brother to return. It's not like I have anyone else I want to dance with.

My mother managed to break off the fight. I picked up the dress, not caring about their shortness of breaths nor spats of madness, I could only look at the torn cloth and sigh. What am I going to tell Madeline now? After all the effort she took just to buy me this beautiful piece for the party. I'll definitely have to apologize on my knees.

I drag my foot out of that suffocating room. I want to strangle something. Feeling mad is an understatement. "Leticia, wait!" Niall called out, but I continued walking. Who in their right minds would let him explain on the spot after everything that happened? I couldn't care less. After that massive promposal then this? It's not like I rejected him even.

I sighed. Maybe the dress didn't match his suit. It could've matched Louis'. That's the only reason I could think of as I made my way to the staircase. Curses.

I went inside my room and then threw myself into my bed, hugging the dress unto me. I really like this piece. It wouldn't stand out at the party, but it's aesthetically pleasing for me, especially with the theme at hand. I whined loudly in distress before burying my face unto one of my pillows. Should I just sleep unto this problem? They say it works.

A few moments of just debating whether I sleep or not, I heard the sound of my door. And soon after the mattress moves, my bed dipping a little. I could just hope that it's not Niall or else I'm going to surely give him a piece of my mind that I've been holding back for a while now.

"How are you holding up, love?" I heard Louis's mellow voice in a mumble. I couldn't help but sigh yet again, snuggling closer over to my pillow.

I felt my hair being played. I'm still not decided if whether I should be bothered or soothed by it. I came to terms not to react for now.

"You didn't have to throw a punch or two," I replied softly. Although Niall probably deserves it for being an asshole, I'm pretty sure mum scolded them both good.

"But I have to. Didn't you just tell me earlier how you love the dress so much? And how perfectly it fits you? I won't just stand there and let Niall get away with something so bizarre. Heck, the party is just a day from now." Louis blurted out angrily.

I let out a deep breath as I sat up to face my stepbrother. My hair on my face, I could feel my trembling lips. I could just feel it- my voice would crack as soon as I try to speak. I do not want that.

Consequently, Louis just sat there to watch me, waiting for me to gather myself like a gentleman he is. He simply offered support by rubbing my back gently. It is calming, but I still couldn't find the words to say. My tears threatened to spill, so I just tackled Louis, my arms wrapping around his familiar figure.

I always say that I do not care much about the event. I just want to have fun with Louis, going or not. But after those things are said and done, I want to have fun with Louis at the ball after all as well. I want to dance the night away with the man I love. I want to slow dance and see each other eye to eye. I want to dance like crazy with stolen kisses and out of breaths. I want to, with the best me for the best man before me. "Louis, I'm sorry."

My big brother sighs, stroking my hair gently. "What are you sorry about, Leticia? You did nothing wrong."

"How could I tell this to Madeline? She's going to be furious."