Chapter 67- Madeline's Problem

Leticia Ray's

Both Niall and Louis dropped me in front of my homeroom. Niall simply waved off, but Louis stayed a little longer. "Do good in class, okay? I'll see you later." He bid, messing my hair.

"Okay,"

"Let's get doughnuts after," He smiles, letting my hair go. I simply wave as he goes looking back once or twice. Doughnuts, huh? I'm definitely looking forward to it.

The day started out great for me. I hoped it'll be able to keep the momentum for the whole day until I see my big brother. Clearly motivated, I made my way inside my room, only to see Madeline waiting by my desk. My face turns to a scowl. Oh boy, everything just shoots down the drain. What does she want?

I stopped in my tracks. Right, she kept on messaging me the last time. I guess I couldn't really ignore the confrontation forever since she's my classmate. I took in a sharp breath before I continued walking to my desk.

I've gotten Madeline's attention when I got closer, pulled out my chair, and sat. She was indeed waiting for me. I suddenly feel nervous when she leans her hand toward my table. I don't have a reason to be intimidated with her. I just need to be very cautious in what I would tell her and not let my thin patience gets the best of me. If ever, my brother's reputation is also on the line.

"If you're here to straighten me, so you could continue making believe of yourself that you're my brother's girlfriend then I'm sorry, I don't have two cents to give," I said directly to get this over with. I purposely said it a little louder to end this hallucination of hers. My brother has only one lover, and we all know who that is.

Her gaze narrowed at me sharply as my statement garnered a little bit of attention, "You bi-" She purposely cuts herself off. I let out a soft sigh. I would like to avoid any kind of violence. It's not good for my student record, and it'll make Louis worries for sure.

"If that's all, you could leave me alone. You've bothered me enough. Please, stop texting me as well. I won't invite you to my house just to meet my brother. Keep dreaming." I continued. I should most probably bite my tongue, but I couldn't just stop. It's amusing to me. Sorry for her, she picked the wrong place to confront me. Good thing, I already attacked her surfacing the fake news about her relationship with my brother, or else she'll probably play the victim. I might forget my student records to smack her head, if that may come to happen.

She sweatdrops, etching a forceful plastic smile on her face. I could tell that she's already at her end. She's just a millimeter away in exploding and giving me a piece of her mind. What's stopping her then? That's the real question here.

"I-well... Don't be like that now, Leticia. I know that I was uhm... mean to you before and..." She stumbled with words. I could really tell that she is just pushing herself and not one bit sincere with anything that is coming out of her mouth. But I let her be either way and hear her out. Not until the bell rings as the sign to start homeroom.

"You have to return to your seat. Class is starting... if you didn't recognize the bell." I said with a raised brow. Defeated, she lets me be, walking ever to her spot without a choice. I wonder what is it she needed from me exactly. I guess I'll never find out.

Classes started pretty much as soon as the bell ring. I took out my binder and tried to keep up, taking notes. I'm not really the studious type, but I'm not that of a slacker either. I could say I'm an average student that sucks at Math.

One way or another, I've managed to pass through two subjects. I'm so ready for a snack. I stretched a little before I fixed my things. I then wonder how I've been able to survive this for every day. I swear.