51

When we got back I made a beeline for Jasper, who stood on the far side of the room, talking to Charlotte and Peter

When we got back I made a beeline for Jasper, who stood on the far side of the room, talking to Charlotte and Peter. I latched into his side to which he let me with barely a glance. Subconsciously I feel his arm weave around my waist and circles being rubbed in my hip as I tried to join the conversation, but my thoughts didn't allow me too. Was this fight going to be the end of Jasper and I, was our forever going to be cut short because of the birth of an innocent? Jasper finished what he was saying before he led me out into the forest without much word. I followed him still deep in thought. "What's wrong?" He asked when we were alone.

"Nothing, just worries," I say, "Nothing important," I assure him looking off into the trees before turning back to him. "I want this to be over, I want our family safe," I admit

"We will be," He assures me pulling me into his arms, "We will be," I sigh inhaling his scent. Moments like these are what keeps me grounded, what keeps me alive. I just hope these moments won't get cut short.

__________________________________________

The snow had begun to stick quicker than I would've liked. It covered the ground in a gloomy haze, making both Bella and I's mood drop quick. With the snow sticking, Christmas came which meant heading over to our father's home. Jasper set next to me on my father's old couch watching Renesmee play with Jacob on the floor. I hear Bella and Edward talking in the dining room and Jasper tried playing with our moods to make this Christmas enjoyable to some degree when Dad comes into the room. "Alright! Present time, let's go!" He calls "Seth, Leah, stop eating. Jake, you start, get it going," He reaches for a little wrapped tube handing it to Renesmee as Bella and Edward walk in handing Dad a slip.

"Hey, dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours, but here it is," Dad goes and sits down, "It's a 5-day fishing trip to Fraser river. It's for you and Sue," She says

"You leave tomorrow," Edward says

"Wow, thats really nice. Thank you," Dad says, shocked at the gift. "Tomorrow? I can't leave tomorrow," That's when Sue comes into the room

"I made arrangements for you at work," She informs dad

"Sneaky," He comments, "And extravagant,"

"And non-refundable, I'm afraid," Edward says, and I smirk at the comment. It was the same thing he said to Bella to get out of town for Victoria.

"You two trying to get rid of me?" He asks and everyone gets uncomfortable for a moment before he speaks again, "'Cause it's working. Fraser River that means we'll be catching Cutthroat,"

"We might even hook a rainbow, or some bulls," I smile at the pair before picking up my box addressed to Dad and another addressed to Sue.

"Woman knows her trout," Dad says

"That's not all dad," I say, passing him the box and then the smaller on to Sue. "It's from Jasper and I," I say again the dad takes the top off of the box pulling out a sonar for his boat.

"Wow," He says looking up, "This must've been expensive," Jasper and I shrug "Thank you," He comments watch Sue open her gift to find a nice bottle of scotch with her name written on it.

"Thought you might need it, dealing with him," I tease, and she laughs, thanking us for the gift. I turn to Renesmee handing her a gift. "For you little moon, from Uncle Jasper and I," She opens the small box that shows a necklace with a moon phases shown on it. "It's the moon phases from the day you were born," I explain, "When ever you look up to the moon, little one, we will be there watching you," I promise. She moves and hugs me tightly than hugs Jasper, who returns it. "Come here, let me put it on you," She turns and I move her hair from her neck, fastening the necklace around her neck. It fell low, just at her sternum. "Looks beautiful, little moon," She smiles and I return it.