42

I followed Bella and Jacob as we took Renesmee to hunt

I followed Bella and Jacob as we took Renesmee to hunt. Renesmee came back to us showing us the snowflake she'd caught. I smiled watch Bella lean down to her daughter. "It's beautiful, why don't you catch another one?" Bella encouraged watching Renesmee jump into the sky, floating gracefully to catch the snowflakes when Bella starts talking. "Edward thinks we'll find answers in Brazil," Bella tells us, "There are tribes there that might know something,"

"I'm coming with you," I say, and Jacob snorts in agreement. Renesmee suddenly turns her head, feeling the presence of someone else. I gasp looking forward, Irina was who stood on the edge of the cliff. "Little moon, come here," I say, and she turns coming toward me, "Something wrong, Bella," I say, standing in front of Renesmee who clutched onto Jacob's leg.

"Who was that?" Renesmee asked

"I think that's our cousin from Denali," Bella said

"This doesn't feel right," I comment, nothing had hit me, but it didn't feel right nonetheless. Irina's face scowls and that's when it hit me. I return the nasty look, and she turns leaving when Bella calls her name. Bella and I take off after her leaping over rocks and trees to catch up, but she had gotten away before we'd gotten to her. We stood over the cliff looking down into the water. "Somethings coming," I say ominously, "We need to get back, I expect Alice to see something soon,"

"What do you feel, Lilith?" She asks

"Something bad," I say, "Something really bad," I turn, and we both return to Renesmee and Jacob heading straight home to talk to our family. Carlisle got on the phone almost immediately with Tanya. When he hung up, I was pacing, the feeling stuck in my gut.

"Tanya convinced Irina to come and reconcile with us," He said, putting the phone down

"It looks like she changed her mind," Edward said, and I shake my head but say nothing.

"Seeing Jacob must've been too much for her," Esme says her voice filled empathy.

"Wish I could've just spoken to her," Bella speaks softly

"She's family, she'll come around," Carlisle assures. Edward doesn't argue, instead begins playing keys on the piano. Renesmee mimics his actions. They begin playing a melody I'd recognized as Bella's lullaby that Edward had written her at the beginning of their relationship. Edward smiles at his daughter as they play the melody. I stopped pacing and Jasper had joined me in watching. Everyone came into the room to watch Renesmee inherited her abilities to play the piano like her father. They get into a certain part of the song when my breath catches in my throat and my hand flies to it. The dread overwhelming, the danger clouding my senses. I couldn't see as darkness covered my eyes but I could hear the sound of shattering glass. Jasper's hands grasped mine when my vision cleared, Alice's eyes met mine, and I immediately look at Renesmee and then Bella, who looked worried. Edward's face showed he'd seen what was foreseen.

"They're coming for us, aren't they, Alice," She nods

"The Volturi, they're coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus, the guard, and Irina," I look at Jasper a mixture of anger and fear filling my gold eyes. Bella calls Renesmee to stand with her.

"Why?" Carlisle asks

"What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward asks

"We were just walking," My eyes flick between Renesmee and Jacob

"Ness was catching snowflakes,"

"No..." I whisper before cursing, "She has to know we wouldn't," I say

"What?" Bella asks having no clue what we were talking about

"Immortal children," I said, and the room's temperature drops realization settling in.