1

Bella opened the door for me as the locks had changed since I'd been gone

Bella opened the door for me as the locks had changed since I'd been gone. Something about Dad wanting to keep Bella extra safe. When I entered the strong scent of liquor hit my nose. I looked at Bella, who didn't keep my gaze. "Bella?" I ask

"Dad he started to drink a little more when you disappeared," She answers her gaze locking onto the empty beer cans that littered the table. Guilt continued to fill the pits with my stomach.

"I'm sorry," I say looking at Bella who continued to avoid my eyes "I shouldn't have ever left you, I just... I just couldn't be around you," I tell her, "I never meant to hurt you or dad... I never meant to hurt any of you," I choked out upset Bella's face, softened from the hard look that hadn't left her face. Bella immediately wrapped her arms around me. I could feel her chest move unevenly as she sobbed into my shoulder. I held her tightly relishing in the feeling of being with my sister again. Just then the door opened, and dad walked through the threshold.

"Lilith?" He choked dropping the pack of beer on the floor causing it to implode allowing the pungent smell of the drink to fill the air.

"Hi Daddy," I said my eyes falling over him, taking in his sunken eyes and messy hair. Dad didn't say anything just engulfing me in a hug. He took a step back looking over my face.

"What...where did you go," His eyes were filled with tears

"I'm sorry..." I say "I had to go, to protect you all..." I said he opened his mouth but I interrupted him "Don't ask, please... just know I'm home and I'm not going anywhere," He doesn't say anything only hugs me again. When he pulls away, I look over to Bella, who looks surprised for a moment. Dad pulls me to sit for a few, trying to get more information from me as to my whereabouts, I didn't really answer and easily avoided the question. Though his questions seemed to easily bounce off my shield apprehension. He finally released me upstairs. "What was that face for when I was with dad?" I asked

"Your eyes... They looked blue," She trailed off and my nose scrunched "It looked like he noticed something then suddenly they changed to blue, and dad seemed to forget what he was going to ask," I took in the statement quietly taking a seat on her bed, and she moved to sit beside me. "What does this mean?" Bella asked quietly.

"I don't know," I respond what did it mean? Were my powers, whatever they were, responsible? Or was it a trick of the light? "I'll take to Carlisle... maybe he knows something," I hum softly, she nods her head but says nothing else on the matter.