41

I was sat on the couch reading when a little body joined me

   I was sat on the couch reading when a little body joined me. I turned to see Renesmee smiling at me, "Hello little moon," I greet putting my arm around her shoulder. Pulling her into my side. Sing me a song. Her little voice said in my head. "You want me to sing you a song?" I asked, closing the book and placing it on the coffee table. "Any requests?" I ask again and her face scrunched in thought before I heard her voice again, something new. I smile thinking. "Okay," I move across the room where my guitar sat up against Edward's piano. I pick it up sitting back down next to her. "I wrote this one for you, little moon," I tell her pushing her hair out of her face playing the soft chords and beginning the lullaby that I had written her watching her eyes follow my fingers.

   Morning, wake up, cold mountain air
Sunrise outlines curls in your hair
Sweet dreams, your face, still half asleep
You stay up late with or without me

   When I'd finished the song she was leaning against the couch, her eyes lulling. I smiled at her, happy the song had done what it was intended to do, comfort her. I pulled the wool blanket over her after moving her to fall asleep. I went to leave the room when her hand grabbed mine softly. I looked down at her. I love you, auntie Lilly. Her voice whispered, "I love you too, little moon," I placed a kiss on her forehead, pushing more of her hair out of her face, leaving her to sleep.

   "When did you write that?" Bella asked and I smiled

   "I started when you first told me you were pregnant," I said, "Thought we could use something good, something that reflected good, during that time. But you know everything happened and it didn't feel right to show you," She frowns

   "You should've shown me," She says "I would've loved to of heard it, even with everything going on," I shrug "It's beautiful," She compliments

   "Come on, let's let her sleep," I comment, and she nods

__________________________________________

   It seemed time was our only enemy at this point. Renesmee grew faster than expected, everyday she was inches taller than the day previous, and everyday she advanced in ways you wouldn't expect. I watched Carlisle measure her, worry on my face as I looked at Jasper who looked just as worried. I looked at my sister who looked sad, scared, and my heart felt for her. I'd hoped that we'd get some good news on her, that one day her growth would stop, and she would be with us forever, but time remained our enemy.