21

I stood beside Bella, the sound of her heel scrapping the deck making me cringe

   I stood beside Bella, the sound of her heel scrapping the deck making me cringe. The shoes were beautiful, a satin white with silver detailing that swooped around the tip of the shoe. I smirked teasingly as she fell into my grip. "You just have to break them in!" Alice says trying to reassure my sister who stands straight looking at the pixie.

   "I've been breaking them in..." She pauses giving her an incredulous look "For 3 days," I snort Alice smiles with a sheepish look. "Can't I just go barefoot?" Bella asks the dreaded question making Alice's face scrunch into a look of disgust.

   "No! Absolutely not!" She shrieks and I laugh loudly Bella blushes

   "I just think it's a little much you know, the dress, and the shoes, and all of this," She lists looking nervously at the white shoes. Alice inhales and I watch Jasper walk past giving him a teasing wink watching his smile.

   "No, it's just enough, tomorrow will be perfect," She promises and I grab my sister's hand comfortingly giving her a wide smile which she timidly returned. Emmett carrying a large log catches Alice's ever-busy attention.

   "Where do you want them, boss?" Emmett asks

   "On either side of the aisle," She orders Rosalie following close by with another log and a confused look on her face.

   "What aisle?" She asks causing another stress line to appear on Alice's porcelain face.

   "Does no one have vision!" She yells rushing off to help her siblings and I turn to mine who quickly kicked her heels and pulled on her much loved sneakers. I picked up the heels setting them down softly watching my sister's gaze drift up to the balcony where Edward stood glancing out onto his siblings building his wedding venue. Alice comes rushing back. "You, go home and get lots of beauty sleep," she squints her eyes "Thats an order," I smile and Bella blushes

   "Okay," Bella agrees Alice embraces my sister who holds tightly. They release and I give Alice a short hug before hooking my arm around Bella's and leading her to leave with me. I squeal as she gets into the truck and I drive. "Where are we headed?" I look at her

   "You are getting a day of pampering," I say she immediately looks at me fear in her eyes "Call it your bacholerette," I say teasingly knowing Bella didn't want a party so I'd settle for taking her out to get her nails done and a massage. "A day of nails, massages, face masks," I list as we speed past the vast land of trees. Her mouth gaping and I laugh "It's fine Bella, you aren't going to be poked to much, just some upkeep for tomorrow," I comfort her watching her relax "Besides, what I'd give to get a massage," I say "Gotta cash in all the human stuff," She looked deep in thought as I pulled the red truck in front of a salon. The large letters giving the place its name, La Bella nails and spa. Bella looked at me and I laughed getting out of the car and approaching the building speaking to the lady at the front desk. A wide smile on her face as I explained. She looked at Bella calling another woman who took Bella back to sit down.

   Bella looked like a fish out of water as the nail lady who I think was named Hannah spoke a mile a minute. I sat down explaining to Fiona, the lady assigned to me not to cut or file anything just put a fresh coat of paint over them. Opting for a soft purple to match my dress. Bella looked at me for help as Hannah painted a clear polish over her natural nails that were now filed and cut into single file almond shapes. After that the woman took Bella back for her massage. I sat in the waiting from when she was finished looking at the book in front of me, words that I was going to use for my speech for tomorrow. Bella came out, her eyebrows slightly red from from obvious plucking. "How do you feel?" I ask my sister putting the book safely into my bag.

   "Poked," She said giving me a teasing smile

   "Hungry?" I ask after tipping the techs and leaving

   "No, it's getting late in the day and I have more packing to do," I smile again nodding getting into the truck and driving her home.