Chapter 26

"What? Clones?" Devine questioned.

"Stop pretending now. I know you've been performing plastic surgery on another person so that he or she would look the same as the dead one," Gordon spoke.

"I did not know this was possible," Devine replied.

Gordon looked at her with confusion. Devine noticed that he was staring at him.

"Oh, I did not use plastic surgery and I did not create any clones," she said.

"Then, why did you bring Chloe's dead body here?" Gordon questioned.

Devine rolled her eyes. "Since you are both going to die, I can tell you my secret," she said as she blinked.

Both Gordon and Drew stared at her. Devine stretched her arms and gestured at Chloe. "Chloe's body is right here," she said.

"She is dead, but, she can be alive again," she continued.

Gordon had enough of her tantrums. He felt irritated. "Get to the point!" he exclaimed.

"Chill out inspector. Why are you hurrying to die?" Devine smirked.

She then turned back to Chloe. "Yeah, so, I was saying, this is not Chloe anymore," she paused.

She then faced Gordon and said, "I call this a habitat. A habitat for a parasite."

Gordon felt lost. He kept on staring at her. She noticed him and she knew that Gordon was not understanding anything she said.

"I know," Devine started, "your brain is not trained to understand what I am saying, but, come on inspector, at least try."

She then turned and watched Drew. "My father will surely understand what I'm trying to say," she said as she stared at him.

Gordon watched Drew. The latter had a tensed look on his face. Devine then walked back to Chloe and stood next to the stretcher.

"This is Chloe's body," she said as she held her wrist.

"I am going to implant a parasite inside of her. And it is not going to be a common one," she continued.

"What are you talking about?" Finally, something came out of Drew's mouth.

"Father, you are acquainted with these things. I inherited them from mother," she said.

Drew's eyes opened wider. "No," he shook his head.

"Yes!" Devine exclaimed as she laughed.

"Mother was good at sorcery and I learnt it from her. I still remember my first time. We stole a baby from the cemetery and I practiced my first ever ritual. Mother was still with me," she said.

Gordon was shocked. "So it was you who stole Veronica's baby?"

The sides of her nose wrinkled and her eyebrows met. "I do not know whose baby it was, but, it was a cute one," she said and her facial expression returned to normal.

"What are you talking about? What do you do with dead bodies? Gordon asked. He was starting to feel irritated.

"I'm talking about something which is parasitic evil. It is the most awesome thing I discovered. You summon a spirit and then you offer it a body in which it will live. It feeds on the body parts. In return, it does whatever you tell it to do. It will do anything. From sweeping your house to sweeping someone's blood," Devine explained. Her eyes were red. She felt proud of her evil act.

Gordon instantly remembered the remark of Dr Adrian. He said that he found holes in the organs of Sabrina's body.

"Shut up! Such things do not exist," Gordon said.