Chapter 1

7th March 2019

Chloe, a thirty four year old woman stared at the grave as tears rolled down her warm cheeks. Her pointy nose tip became pink. She stood with her hands sideways and grabbed her black dress as she squeezed the soft cloth. Her short and black bob hair swayed along with the gentle breezes. She fixed her teary eyes at the headstone on which the name of her late daughter was engraved.

 She fixed her teary eyes at the headstone on which the name of her late daughter was engraved

She smiled at the words "Bella ciao". She remembered how Sabrina used to sing this song so aloud that the whole neighbourhood would hear her. She didn't care about being a bad singer and she would sing her heart out.

She didn't know Spanish at all. she would always mispronounce some words while singing and that amused Chloe a lot.

Money heist was Sabrina's favourite show and she was eagerly waiting for season three to be released, but, alas, watching season three of her beloved show was just not written in her destiny.

Chloe's smile faded away at the thought that she would never hear her daughter singing again. Still standing near the grave, she felt a hand sliding on her shoulder.

"Let's go sweetheart," her mother, Alicia, said from behind.

Alicia felt terrible. Since Chloe was a baby, she did everything needed to keep her happy. Never had she expected that her daughter would ever be in such a terrible situation in her life. Alicia was a very strong woman. She raised Chloe without the help of her husband. The latter died from a heart attack when Chloe was only four years old. Since then, Alicia worked hard and she successfully established a business of her own. She became the owner of a garment factory and she earned wealth. Since she was a child, Chloe was never deprived of anything. Alicia brought her up with love. Chloe never felt the absence of her father. Alicia lost a thousand of hair strands from her head, but, never did she lose her composure.

Chloe turned around and held the hands of her mother. She weakly nodded at her and started to walk away from the tomb of her resting daughter. She didn't say a word since the beginning of the funeral. Not because she didn't want to, but, because her voice just didn't come out. She was heartbroken. She felt as if her whole world had crumbled. She simply did the things she was asked to do like she was a robot. She walked towards the main gate of the cemetery with Alicia by her side. There were other people in the cemetery. They were all dressed in black and they were all related to Sabrina in some ways. Some of them were her college friends, teachers and neighbours while the rest were family members. They all mourned for the young deceased.

Once Chloe was at the gate, she turned around to get a final glimpse of the grave of her resting daughter. A mixed of emotions flowed through her body and she felt a quick shiver as she watched the grave. She was never prepared for such a devastating situation.

"The car is here," Alicia said.

She turned back and saw her mother waiting while holding the door of their car. She didn't reply and walked towards the car with a blank expression on her face.

Suddenly, someone called her name.

"Chloe!"

A tall and well-built man with a dark complexion ran towards her. He wore a black suit and his black hair was frizzy. He looked charming, but, he also had a tiring look in his face and wrinkles on his forehead. He panted and swallowed a lump of saliva that had been stuck in his throat since hours.

Chloe looked at him without saying anything. Her facial expression was still blank, but, her eyes were full of tears. The man fixed his hazel eyes into those of Chloe and talked, "Please, come with me." He requested as he tried to hold her hands.

However, Chloe immediately snatched her hands back. She was going to turn around and get into the car but the man with hazel eyes grabbed her arm.

Chloe felt frustrated. She instantly turned around and gave the man a tight slap with all her strength. Chloe was shorter than him. Her head was at the level of his chest.

Breathing heavily, she stared at the man with angry eyes. The man remained still and didn't say anything to Chloe. He slowly lifted his gaze and looked at her face.

"You-" Chloe talked as she raised a finger at him.

"-you killed my daughter," she completed as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"No, it's nothing like that," the man tried to defend himself.

Chloe looked away. Her lips trembled as she struggled not to burst out crying.

"Chloe, Sabrina is my daughter too. Why would I do that?" He explained.

Chloe couldn't control herself anymore. As soon as she felt she was going to break down, she got into the backseat of the car and quickly closed the door without saying a word.

"Chloe! It was an accident," the man shouted and tried to stop her, but, she didn't listen.

Alicia, who has been watching them, intervened.

"Miguel!" She called out.

The man looked at her with grief in his eyes.

"She is traumatised. Let her stay with me for a few days. I'll talk to her later when she calms down," Alicia explained as she rubbed the arm of her son in law.

Miguel nodded and gave Alicia a hug.

"I'll send some of her clothes," Miguel said.

Alicia nodded and then walked to the other side of the car. She sat next to her daughter. They left the cemetery.

Chloe couldn't prevent the tears from falling down. She looked at her reflection in the outside mirror of the car. Her bob haircut reminded her of Sabrina since the latter had the same haircut too. Alicia felt her heart cracking when she saw Chloe breaking down. She got closer to her and gave her a hug. The hug didn't make Chloe feel better though. Her heart ached and the pain was unbearable. She badly wanted this incident to be a dream, but, it was not. She had lost her daughter. It was a harsh truth and she was not ready at all to accept it.

She had just witnessed her daughter being buried a few moments ago and she had already started to miss her.

Deep down in her heart, she wished to see her daughter again. But, was that a good thing to wish for?