Chapter 23

In less than fifteen minutes, Gordon had reached the forensic laboratory. He ran into the building and took the stairs to search for Adrian in his cabin since he didn't see him anywhere on the ground floor. He knocked on the door of his cabin.

No one answered. He knocked louder the second time and he heard a voice.

"Yes, come in."

He opened the door and stepped in. The television to his right was on and Adrian was sitting on a small couch, eating a piece of bread.

When Adrian saw Gordon, he stood up and kept his dinner on the couch.

"Mr Gordon, please come in," he said with a full mouth.

"I'm really sorry. I came at a wrong time," Gordon apologised as he walked in.

Adrian swallowed the piece of bread that was in his mouth and replied, "No, that's completely fine."

Gordon gave him a faint smile. Adrian wiped his mouth with a tissue paper and then asked, "what brought you here? Is everything fine?"

"I need your help. I found a suspect and I have her fingerprint," Gordon said as he took out his pen and handed it to Adrian.

"Oh, well, let's see if it matches the other one," Adrian replied as he walked towards his table.

"Can you do it now? I'm really sorry I interrupted your dinner, but, I'm in a haste," Gordon spoke.

Adrian opened his drawer and took out a pair of gloves. "That's completely fine, Mr Gordon. The case is more important right now."
He wore the gloves and then took the pen from Gordon.

"Let's get the test done," he said and then walked out of the cabin, followed by Gordon.

Once they were on ground floor, Adrian asked Gordon to wait outside itself as the laboratory was too crowded. He then entered the room to start the work. Gordon waited impatiently outside. Every second felt like a minute to him. He was at a point where he just wanted to get over with that case. He really hoped that his suspicion was affirmative and Devine was really the culprit.

However, there were also some negativity in his mind.

"But what if she was taking those boxes of embalming fluid to the laboratory of the hospital. What if she was simply doing her job. No no, if she was doing her job, she wouldn't put the boxes in her personal bag. Does she have something to do with Chloe's disappearance? No, I'm thinking too much. She was with the doctor when Chloe jumped down. There is no possibility that she is behind this, or, could there be a chance?"

His mind was disturbed. All kind of thoughts were lingering in his head. He could not understand what was right or what was wrong. Everything depended solely on the result of the matchmaking.

After a few minutes, Adrian came out. He had a serious look on his face. Gordon walked towards him and raised an eyebrow.

"They match," he announced.

Gordon's pupils dilated on hearing Adrian's words. His heart elated. He felt a sudden shiver running down his body. His doubt had turned into conviction. Finally, he was going to catch the real mastermind.

"This means Devine had stolen the body," he said.

"Who?" Adrian questioned.

"She is a nurse. You just matched her fingerprint with the unknown one. I've been doubted her since I went to the hospital. My suspicion grew stronger when I saw her carrying Embalming fluids in her bag," Gordon replied.