04❦

((Sam's POV))

I was walking down the stairs to get my phone, but then the next thing I knew, was that I was on the ground, and my legs and knees throbbing in pain.

I heard quick footsteps, coming towards me. I looked up and saw the beautiful blue eyes that belong to Colby.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He asked worryingly. I shook my head 'no', "I fell down-n the stairs while I wa-was coming down." I said with tears in my eyes.

I could feel myself going into little headspace, then a few seconds later, I was sobbing. "Aww, Sammy." Colby picked me up then brought me into the kitchen and placed me on the counter.

He then wiped my tears then I calmed down a bit. "I'm going to touch your legs and tell me where it hurts. Okay?" Colby told me. I nodded my head, then he touched parts of my leg, and I let out cries of pain.

I heard Colby sigh, then he picked me up again and he brought me outside to his car, and put me in the backseat. "Where we goin?" I asked after he got in the driver's seat.

"We're going to the hospital." He told me. "Why?" I questioned. "To see if you hurt your legs." Colby then said. "Are dey gonna hurt mwe?"

"No, baby. They aren't going to hurt you. They are just going to take an x-ray to see if you broke a bone." I nodded my head a bit then stayed silent the rest of the ride.

~Time skip to after the x-ray~

I was put in a wheelchair, then someone wheeled me into a room where Colby was waiting for me in. "Hi, daddy!" I smiled when I saw him.

"Hey, bubba." He smiled back and kissed my head. "When we gowin back home?" I asked. "After a doctor brings the results of the x-ray." He told me. "Otay."

I started to suck on my thumb, but Colby took it out of my mouth. "Don't do that, baby." He said. "Do you have your paci?" I shook my head, "no," then Colby held my hand.

A few minutes later, a nurse came in, holding a clipboard with papers.

((Colby's POV))

"So?" I asked. "Sam fractured his left knee, and sprained his right ankle." The nurse told me. I then stood up, and punched the wall behind me. "F*CK!" I screamed.

"Please don't use that kind of language." I heard the nurse say, but chose to ignore her. I sat down then started cursing under my breath.

I then felt someone grab my hand, and I looked over and saw Sam smiling at me. I smiled back and kissed his head, then looked at the nurse.

"Sam is going to need a wheelchair because he shouldn't be walking anywhere, and he's also going to need a leg brace." She said, then I let out a quiet sigh.

The nurse then went out of the room, to go get a wheelchair and a leg brace. When she got back, she also had a foot wrap ((I think that's what it's called)).

We put the leg brace on Sam first, then the foot wrap, and finally we put him in the wheelchair.

"This is like a car! Vroom vroom!" Sam smiled which made me laugh. "Do you want me to push you?" I asked him. "Wes pwease!" he nodded. I went behind him then started to push him around.

"I like this!" Sam giggled which was adorable. "Let's check you out and leave so that you can play around with it at home. Okay?" I asked/told him. "Okay, daddy."

We checked out, then headed to the car. I put Sam in the backseat, then put his wheelchair in the trunk.

"Can we get ice cweam pwease?" Sam asked after I got in. "Of course." I said, then pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive to the ice cream place.

"I'm going to go inside and get some. I'll be really quick. Okay?" Sam nodded his head, then I went in and got some ice cream.

10 minutes later, I came back out with a tub of ice cream and set in the passenger seat. "You can have some when we get home. Okay, baby?" I said after I got back in. "Yeah." Sam responded.

((Third Person POV))

While on the drive home, Colby was in a noticeably bad mood. "What's wrong, daddy?" Sam asked with confusion. "Huh? Nothing." He responded as they pulled into the driveway.

"You look upset?" Sam said while still confused. "It's nothing!" Colby snapped, which made Sam start to cry.

Colby then got out of the car, took out Sam's wheelchair, put him in it, gave Sam the ice cream then pushed him inside. "I will be in my room. Text me if you need me." Colby said as he went upstairs.

Sam started to cry after he heard Colby's bedroom door slam shut. He ate some ice cream to try and feel better, then put it away after he felt somewhat better.

Hours later, Colby came down. His eyes weren't the normal blue they were though, they were a dark grey. This wasn't Colby; it was Cole.

"Daddy?" Sam said once he saw 'Colby' come down. Cole looked at Sam, then scoffed and grabbed a water. Sam got sad, and started to cry.

Cole sat up on the kitchen counter and drank some water, while Sam cried. "Could you stop crying?! It's f*cking annoying!" Cole yelled angrily, which made Sam start crying more.

Then, all of a sudden, his faced softened and eyes turned back to the normal ocean blue. "Oh, baby- I'm-  Oh God." Colby started to say but ended up with a few tears falling from his face.

Sam noticed that Colby's eyes were back to normal, so he wiped his eyes, and said, "d-daddy?"

Colby went up to Sam, and hugged him tightly. "Baby, I'm so sorry. He came and I-" He started. "It's o-okay." Sam cut Colby off and hugged him back.

"You remember when I showed you Cole?" Colby sniffled a bit. Sam nodded then wiped his eyes. "Well that was him..." Colby pulled away and sighed.

"Is he gonna hurt me?" Sam asked. "I honestly don't know, baby. I hope not. If he ever comes out, try and stay away. Okay?" Colby said then cupped Sam's cheek. He nodded then pecked Colby's lips.

Colby smiled then kissed Sam back. "Wanna go cuddle?" He asked. "Wes." Sam smiled. Colby picked him up, then brought Sam into his room.

They soon fell asleep, while cuddled up together.

-------------

((I have a soft spot for Cole))

1122 words

UNEDITED