PART 88: | DARK SIDE OF LOVE |

- Renee scoffs, "Oh, please, you weren't a queen for more than five years now."

- "Well, now I'm back to take what's mine." Natali told her.

- "To be fair I only killed you because I thought that Lucian would succeed in killing Kol." Renee says and looks at Kol who was still downstairs, "But I guess he didn't."

- Natali clenched her jaw and looked angrily at her "Is that supposed to make me feel better?" she questioned.

- "Well it should when I tell you why I wanted him dead." Renee replies.

- Suddenly Natali loses her patience and flashes towards her, grabbing her neck, "Enough with the chit-chat, get to the point."

- "I know a secret which he was hiding from you for as long as you know him." Renee tells her.

- A moment after she said that Kol appeared next to Natali, "She is lying, don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth."

- Natali looks at Kol and then back at Renee, "He is right, we don't have secrets." she said, but at the same time she wanted to know what Renee had against Kol.

- "Except the one when he killed our parents and me, how do you think I became a vampire." Renee said.

- Natali frowned, "What?"

- "Lies!" Kol yells.

- Natali shakes her head, "No. I saw our mother moments before she died. There was a fire."

- "A fire that he and his siblings set to cover their tracks." Renee tells her.

- "If that's true she would tell you that 5 years ago when she had a chance." Kol stated.

- "I had other plans then." Renee responded, "Enter my mind and you will see everything I saw."

- "Are you really going to trust her over me?" Kol asked.

- Natali looks at him, "I don't know who to trust." she said, before turning towards Renee again and muttering a spell under her breath which allowed her to enter her mind.

[MARSEILLIES, FRANCE: 1002.]

- "Father." Renee yelled in an attempt to find him.

She was running through the halls of the castle looking for her parents. There was chaos going on and they knew that they needed to flee back to their home.

The moment she walked out to the open she saw Kol who just finished feeding on her father and was letting his lifeless body fall onto the ground before he slowly turned towards her mother who was crying on the floor.

Before Kol could feed on her Renee stepped between them, "What did you do? You monster." she said through tears, "You turned my sister into the same monster that you are. Leave us alone." but she saw no remorse in Kol's eyes, only hunger for more.

Kol stepped towards her, she could see veins under his eyes and she swallowed a lump as he grabbed her shoulders.

- "Run, mother!" Renee screamed, just before Kol sank his fangs into her neck and started feeding.

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

[THE PRESENT DAY:]

- "See? I'm telling the truth." Renee tells her, "He knew that you would never be with him if you knew from the start what he had done."

- Natali shakes her head in disbelief, "Kol, tell me this isn't truth." she says and turns to look at him. He was just looking at her with guilt written all over his face, "Tell me!" she yells as she let's go of Renee's neck and steps in front of Kol.